Author Topic: Bill Clinton calls for migrants to 'begin working, paying taxes and paying their way' in New York Ci  (Read 310 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Clinton calls for migrants to 'begin working, paying taxes and paying their way' in New York City
Clinton said that America's low birth rate requires that the economy be shored up by either 'immigrants or machines'
By Jeffrey Clark Fox News
Published October 2, 2023 10:29am EDT

Former President Bill Clinton agreed with New York Gov. Kathy Hochul Saturday, arguing that New York City’s "Right to Shelter Law" must be changed.

"Gov. [Kathy] Hochul thinks it should be modified, and it probably should under the circumstances," Clinton told radio host John Catsimatidis on 77 WABC radio’s "The Cats Roundtable" show, as was flagged by the New York Post.

"It’s broken. We need to fix it," Clinton said, adding that the law "doesn’t make any sense."

The "Right to Shelter" has existed in New York City for over 40 years, and requires sheltering for the homeless. New York is an asylum city.

"They come here, and we’re supposed to shelter people who can’t get work permits for six months. We need to change that," he said, claiming that migrants have a right to begin "paying their way" in American society.

"They ought to work," Clinton said. "They need to begin working, paying taxes and paying their way. Most of these people have no interest in being on welfare."

The former president said that America's low birth rate requires that the economy be shored up by either "immigrants or machines."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-clinton-calls-migrants-begin-working-paying-taxes-paying-their-way-new-york-city
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article….

"They come here, and we’re supposed to shelter people who can’t get work permits for six months. We need to change that," he said, claiming that migrants have a right to begin "paying their way" in American society.

So American citizenship is for sale
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy