Author Topic: How Texas has shifted into a 'battleground' going into 2024  (Read 469 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Texas has shifted into a 'battleground' going into 2024
« on: October 01, 2023, 03:33:47 pm »
How Texas has shifted into a 'battleground' going into 2024
by Jack Birle, Breaking News Reporter
October 01, 2023 07:00 AM

Texas has long been considered a Republican stronghold, but the GOP is not taking the Lone Star State for granted going into 2024.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), who nearly lost his seat in 2018 after a strong showing from Democrat Beto O'Rourke, says his campaign is treating his 2024 campaign "deadly serious."

"Texas is a battleground, and I'll tell you we are taking this Senate reelections deadly serious. My last reelection, as you noted, six years ago was, at the time, it was the most expensive Senate race in U.S. history. We were outraised, we were outspent 3-to1," Cruz said at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, Texas, on Sept. 23.

As Texas's population has increased and demographics have continued to change, Democrats have become more competitive in the state throughout the past decade.

Texas's population has grown from 26.4 million in 2013 to an estimated 30 million in 2022, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. As the population has increased, the percentage of white voters in the state has shrunk. In June, Hispanics and Latinos became the largest racial group in the state.

Democrats traditionally perform better with non-white voters, and along with the changes to Texas's demographics, people from Democratic stronghold California have poured into the Lone Star State in recent years. As the state's population has become more favorable to Democrats, statewide elections have been more competitive in the past decade.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/how-texas-become-battleground-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: How Texas has shifted into a 'battleground' going into 2024
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 03:51:12 pm »
From the article….

Democrats traditionally perform better with non-white voters, and along with the changes to Texas's demographics, people from Democratic stronghold California have poured into the Lone Star State in recent years. As the state's population has become more favorable to Democrats, statewide elections have been more competitive in the past decade.

This has happened to a lot of Western states

These people fleeing California’s progressive policies, and bring them to other states

The comparison of liberals to locusts is accurate. But at least locusts die off after they finish their destruction
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 08:35:10 pm »
They keep saying this every year, but there hasn't been a statewide Dem victory since, when?, Ann Richards?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 08:38:51 pm »
They keep saying this every year, but there hasn't been a statewide Dem victory since, when?, Ann Richards?

Agreed.  Same old same old commentary. If you think the hispanic legals are going to vote Dem with what Biden has done to Texas you are one stupid sumbitch or a left coast elitist hack journalist.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 09:23:46 pm »

True, but Cruz came close to losing to Beatoff by only a couple of points. I'm sure they've made adjustments to the machine since.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 09:57:44 pm »
True, but Cruz came close to losing to Beatoff by only a couple of points. I'm sure they've made adjustments to the machine since.

Part of the close victory was due to the "Lyin' Ted" crapola, part to blue state/country influx and part due to a large influx of out of state cash to the Crazy Guy.

He was targeted...the rest of the Pubs did pretty well.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 10:01:29 pm »
"Texas's population has grown from 26.4 million in 2013 to an estimated 30 million in 2022, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. As the population has increased, the percentage of white voters in the state has shrunk. In June, Hispanics and Latinos became the largest racial group in the state."

Demography is destiny.
For Texas, it's only a matter of time now.
The bow is down, and "the change" is pouring in fast, down at the border...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2023, 10:26:56 pm »
From the article….

This has happened to a lot of Western states

These people fleeing California’s progressive policies, and bring them to other states

The comparison of liberals to locusts is accurate. But at least locusts die off after they finish their destruction
And Texas being the number two state for illegal immigrans and the growing cancer of their university cities has nothin to do with it, it’s all California’s fault riiiiiiight!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2023, 10:33:36 pm »
And Texas being the number two state for illegal immigrans and the growing cancer of their university cities has nothin to do with it, it’s all California’s fault riiiiiiight!

And so many will say 'buh buh, illegals can't VOTE!'.

Except if they deliberately brings them in against all legality and common sense, does anyone think they'll give a crap if they illegally let them vote?
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2023, 11:25:45 pm »
And so many will say 'buh buh, illegals can't VOTE!'.

Except if they deliberately brings them in against all legality and common sense, does anyone think they'll give a crap if they illegally let them vote?

Equity.  If the dead can vote so can illegals.  Fair is fair
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.