Author Topic: White House: We’re ‘on a Sustainable Fiscal Path’  (Read 553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: We’re ‘on a Sustainable Fiscal Path’
« on: September 30, 2023, 05:27:40 pm »
White House: We’re ‘on a Sustainable Fiscal Path’

Ian Hanchett 30 Sep 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street,” White House National Economic Council Director Lael Brainard asserted that we’re “on a sustainable fiscal path” due to the deal brokered between Congress and the White House on spending a few months ago and defended the spending on legislation passed by the Biden administration.

Co-host Sara Eisen asked, “I’m sure politically there’s blame on both sides, but the toll that you talk about, the way I’m hearing it from investors is, it comes after this big standoff over the debt ceiling, the dysfunction and the inability for both sides to be able to work together to tackle our fiscal picture, which is not looking great, is now costing us AAA credit ratings, warnings of potential more downgrades from the rating agencies. Is there a concern, are you concerned that the bond vigilantes could come after U.S. debt, and we could be looking at persistently higher rates as a result of what’s happening or not happening in Washington?”

Brainard responded, “I am concerned that House Republicans don’t seem to understand what they are putting at risk here, and, again, completely unnecessarily. If you think about it, they’re right back at it. It was just three months ago that the president sat down with Speaker McCarthy, House Republicans, House Democrats, Senate Republicans, Senate Democrats, and the president all came together, did a deal, and the deal was very clear on the budget parameters. And yet, here we are, just three months later, rehashing the same issues with even more draconian cuts being put on the table at the threat by House Republicans of shutting the government down. It is an unnecessary risk, and I really hope they’ll take the opportunity they have to act and to avoid it.”

Eisen then asked, “But doesn’t the administration take on some of the blame at least for the fiscal picture and the outlook and the fact that all of this legislation — and a lot of it is good stuff for the investment and for the future of our country — but is costing a lot of money and is going to increase the needs, the borrowing needs next year, the Inflation Reduction Act, the CHIPS Act, the Infrastructure Act, that’s all coming, and that’s all part of it, and it’s all part of what’s been frustrating to Republicans?”

Brainard answered, “So, really, Senate Republicans have come together, joined hands with Senate Democrats, and have put out a path forward for keeping the government open. And have been taking action that’s in line with the agreement that was reached back just three months ago that did put the country on a sustainable fiscal path with $1 trillion in spending cuts. If you look at the economy, we just got those second-quarter GDP numbers yesterday, and a big, important part of that was business investment. Business investment is responding to these great investment incentives to build here in America, employ Americans, to invest in the future of the country, whether it be in semiconductors or in the clean energy transition. So, we’re seeing a lot of really strong, long-term investments as a result of that important certainty that investors are getting in that legislation.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/30/white-house-were-on-a-sustainable-fiscal-path/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: White House: We’re ‘on a Sustainable Fiscal Path’
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 05:29:25 pm »
White House on Elevated PCE Inflation: We’re ‘Doing So Well’ — House GOP Should See People Made ‘a Lot of Sacrifices’

Ian Hanchett 30 Sep 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street,” White House National Economic Council Director Lael Brainard reacted to the August personal consumption expenditures (PCE) price index showing the inflation rate going up 0.4% on a monthly basis and 3.5% on a yearly basis with core PCE going up 0.1% on a monthly basis and 3.9% on a yearly basis by stating that it’s “absolutely good news.” She also responded to questions on the rate still being high and other factors that could keep inflation high by stating that the economy is “doing so well.” But also stated that “House Republicans should be recognizing the American people have made a lot of sacrifices.”

Co-host Sara Eisen asked, “So, I’d love your reaction to today’s inflation print. I would think that it’s good news, certainly, the market’s taking it that way, to get core PCE below that 4% level and really starting to step down. Do you think we’re on a sustainable path here to much lower inflation?”

Brainard answered, “Well, you said it, I think the inflation data today is absolutely good news. It’s what we’ve been expecting to see. If you look at core inflation in particular, it’s running at 2.2% on a three-month annualized basis. That is really very encouraging. We’ve seen unemployment now down below 4% for 19 months in a row during a period where inflation has come down and core inflation, particularly, is now in the range that it was pre-pandemic.”

Eisen then asked, “But, yet, it’s still elevated, isn’t it? We’re still looking at 3.9% core inflation. Services inflation in particular is a problem. And then you have these forces out there, higher gas prices. And I know that’s not into core, but it could seep its way in, and it’s certainly important. The strikes, UAW, potentially now healthcare workers, all of that — couldn’t it threaten to keep inflation elevated?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/30/white-house-on-elevated-pce-inflation-were-doing-so-well-house-gop-should-see-people-made-a-lot-of-sacrifices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 05:30:26 pm »
Sustainable path alright.....  Downward like circling a drain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 10:07:51 pm »
Debt to GDP ratio is already over 120%. Deficits are close to the 2 trillion, that's with a T, mark. And then throw unfunded liabilities with the so called entitlement programs on top of that

How in God's Holy blessed name is that sustainable?????
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 05:24:14 pm »
:mauslaff: