Author Topic: Milley takes swipe at ‘wannabe dictator’ Trump in retirement speech  (Read 1197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Milley takes swipe at ‘wannabe dictator’ Trump in retirement speech
by Ellen Mitchell - 09/29/23 2:36 PM ET

Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley on Friday retired with an impassioned speech that took a swipe at former President Trump, proclaiming that the U.S. military does not swear an oath to a “wannabe dictator.”

Trump last week accused Milley of “treason” in going behind his back to reassure his Chinese counterpart near the end of his term, suggesting that the Army general should be put to death.

“We are unique among the world’s militaries. We don’t take an oath to a country. We don’t take an oath to a tribe. We don’t take an oath to a religion. We don’t take an oath to a king, or a queen, or to a tyrant or a dictator,” Milley said at a ceremony in Virginia.

“And we don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator,” he continued. “We don’t take an oath to an individual. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America — and we’re willing to die to protect it.”

Milley, who was appointed by Trump in 2018, often clashed with the former president while serving under him, most notably regarding the incident with St. John’s Church in Washington, D.C., in June 2020 during the racial injustice protests set off by the murder of George Floyd.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4230574-milley-takes-swipe-at-wannabe-dictator-trump-in-retirement-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Milley takes swipe at ‘wannabe dictator’ Trump in retirement speech
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 07:21:44 pm »
Says the guy who was willing to all but commit a coup to stop him.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 07:25:02 pm »
Ron Coleman
@RonColeman
Military insurrectionist congratulates himself for disregarding the constitutional chain of command ✅
2:21 PM · Sep 29, 2023

James Kirkpatrick
@VDAREJamesK
What exactly did this guy defend? The nonexistent borders? The Constitution that has been rendered  irrelevant? You can't even say the people underneath him, considering what happened during the Fall of Kabul.
This is like an OnlyFans thot lecturing about chastity. What a joke.
2:03 PM · Sep 29, 2023

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 07:26:34 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 07:39:24 pm »
Milley is a traitor working for the Chinese government. Does not matter that he 'hates' Trump.
The fact is Milley swore allegiance to the CCP while acting as American Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Many traitors have betrayed their country and their oaths because they reject the current President.
Happens all the time. If Milley thinks that he is some kind of 'righteous traitor', well that is what they ALL think.
Every traitor thinks he is the righteous one, combatting Evil.

Milley's traitorous service is a carbon copy of so many traitors before him.
He was not some glorious rebel traitor acting against Trump, as he thinks of himself.
He is just a petty dupe, who sold out his own country to China. And then he bragged about it in a book.
How he is not prosecuted is way beyond absurdity.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 07:41:13 pm »
Milley is a traitor working for the Chinese government. Does not matter that he 'hates' Trump.
The fact is Milley swore allegiance to the CCP while acting as American Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Many traitors have betrayed their country and their oaths because they reject the current President.
Happens all the time. If Milley thinks that he is some kind of 'righteous traitor', well that is what they ALL think.

He was not some glorious rebel traitor acting against Trump, as he thinks of himself.
He is just a petty dupe, who sold out his own country to China. And then he bragged about it in a book.

Nailed it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 07:49:36 pm »
I wonder if Milley still has his famous 'backchannels' (which he bragged about) to the Chinese government still working?
Backchannels, in espionage terms means the CCP gave him a device to communicate with them outside of NSA or USA surveillance.
Milley may yet decide to retire in China somewhere. I'm sure they would make him very welcome there, in his adopted home country.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 08:19:46 pm »
Says the guy who was willing to all but commit a coup to stop him.
Says the unelected guy who was willing to all but commit a coup to stop him.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 08:21:12 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 08:22:20 pm »

:yowsa:  THIS!   pointing-up

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 10:29:42 pm »
I wonder if Milley still has his famous 'backchannels' (which he bragged about) to the Chinese government still working?
Backchannels, in espionage terms means the CCP gave him a device to communicate with them outside of NSA or USA surveillance.
Milley may yet decide to retire in China somewhere. I'm sure they would make him very welcome there, in his adopted home country.
Meh. Turncoats are not to be trusted. He is of no further value to them as a retiree, only what knowledge he takes with him would be of value, and that has a use-by date.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 02:58:03 pm »
Traitor-Wannabe sez wut? 22222frying pan
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gen. Mark Milley Warns of Fealty to Dictators, in Exit Speech Aimed at Trump
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 05:40:21 pm »

The Wall Street Journal

Gen. Mark Milley Warns of Fealty to Dictators, in Exit Speech Aimed at Trump
Story by Gordon Lubold •
1d

WASHINGTON—Army Gen. Mark Milley, the Pentagon’s top officer, warned in his retirement speech on Friday that military officers must adhere to the Constitution and not bow to political pressures, in what appeared to be thinly-veiled comments about former President Donald Trump.

“We don’t take an oath to a country, we don’t take an oath to a tribe, we don’t take an oath to a religion, we don’t take an oath to a king, or a queen, to a tyrant or dictator or wannabe dictator,” Gen. Milley bellowed across a military parade field, without mentioning his former boss by name. “We do not take an oath to an individual, we take an oath to the Constitution, to the idea that is America and we’re willing to die to protect it.”

Friday’s speech was Milley’s last official ceremony as the Joint Chiefs chairman after years of positioning himself as a defender of democracy—and drawing the ire of critics who have accused him of overstepping the authority of the commander in chief and pursuing what they perceive as a progressive agenda.

Trump and others on the political hard right have repeatedly attacked Milley, pushing up against norms for public behavior for politicians and elected officials in the process.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/gen-mark-milley-warns-of-fealty-to-dictators-in-exit-speech-aimed-at-trump/ar-AA1hsA6h#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He should know about fealty to a dictator!  His allegiance to a POTUS who ignores the Constitution, ignores the rule of law, protects political criminals, is a criminal himself, fails to enforce the law, lies about everything, tolerates the dis-education of American children, approves of defunding the police, etc., etc., certainly is a good example of fealty. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I'd say pot, kettle black, but he'd probably say that was racist.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

I'd say pot, kettle black, but he'd probably say that was racist.

I'd say pot, kettle black is pretty accurate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2023, 12:43:12 am »
Somehow, if Trump wanted to be a dictator, he had an odd way of showing it during the pandemic, when he let Anthony Fauci function as dictator.

The unhinged opposition to Trump always represented, and to this day represents, a greater threat to the constitutional order than Trump did or does.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2023, 06:36:43 am »
Milley is at the top of my list of traitors that should be dealt with in the most harsh terms.  Treason has been fashionable in Washington as much as being part of the alphabet soup gang. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2023, 01:14:50 pm »
Milley: No One Has Been Punished for Afghanistan Ending, But Looking for ‘Pound of Flesh’ Is ‘Wrong Idea’

During interviews with NBC News and NPR released on Monday, recently-retired Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley stated that no one has been punished for how the war in Afghanistan ended, but “where people are looking  for a pound of flesh. I think they’re looking in the wrong idea here.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/02/milley-no-one-has-been-punished-for-afghanistan-but-looking-for-pound-of-flesh-is-wrong-idea/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34