Author Topic: Blue city's rampant violence led this former DC resident to flee the crime-ridden capital  (Read 285 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blue city's rampant violence led this former DC resident to flee the crime-ridden capital
Why one women fled the crime-ridden nation's capital, which has now surpassed 200 homicides for the third year in a row

Megan Myers By Megan Myers Fox News
Published September 28, 2023 4:55am EDT

Blue city's rampant violence led this DC resident to flee the crime-ridden capital
A former Washington, D.C., resident moved in May 2022 to escape the city's rampant violent crime, high cost of living and strict COVID-19 restrictions.

Skyrocketing violent crime led one woman to flee the nation's capital as she no longer felt safe walking alone after dark, the former Washington, D.C., resident told FOX News Digital.

"I would get up before work to go grocery shopping because I didn't feel safe going to the grocery store at night," Lindsay Reusser, who lived in the nation's capital for over a decade, said. "Why am I paying $1,800 plus a month to live like this? This isn't worth it."

HOW RAMPANT CRIME LED ONE D.C. RESIDENT TO FLEE THE CITY. WATCH:

The nation's capital has grappled with a crime surge in recent years, hitting nearly a two-decade high of 226 homicides in 2021, according to Metropolitan Police Department data. Homicides dropped in 2022 but still surpassed 200 murders, and acting D.C. police chief Pamela Smith announced the city had reached their 200th murder this year after a teenager was shot and killed on Tuesday, putting the city on pace to have among the worst annual body count since the 1990s.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/blue-citys-rampant-violence-led-former-dc-resident-flee-crime-ridden-capital
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson