Author Topic: Video: 23-year-old Trump Supporter Was Subdued By A Group Of Protestors And Had His MAGA Hat Snatch  (Read 549 times)

Offline American Girl

Free Martinez! That was clearly self-defense.

Arrested for defending himself from an assault by multiple assailants? What the hell happened to our country?

https://www.usasupreme.com/video-23-year-old-trump-supporter-was-subdued-by-a-group-of-protestors-and-had-his-maga-hat-snatched-off-of-his-head-he-gave-them-the-perfect-second-amendment-response/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Subdued"?

Is that what you call it when a group of people jump you?

A small mob is a lethal weapon. The response was enough to stop the attack (one shot), without shooting fleeing attackers. That seems measured, and restrained.

THe prosecution needs to take another look at the evidence and drop the charges.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

What actually happened is rather different from the thread headline:

Suspect in MAGA hat arrested for shooting at New Mexico protest – live

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-shooting-live-suspect-maga-050827401.html?ref=upstract.com

A man pictured wearing a Maga hat has been arrested in New Mexico for shooting a protester during a demonstration against the installation of a statue of controversial Spanish conquistador Juan de Oñate.

The suspected shooter, identified as 23-year-old Ryan Martinez, earlier swore at protesters and was told by law enforcement officers to leave.

Video captured by onlookers showed a man jumping a short wall and heading toward the crowd as others grabbed him. That’s when he pulled a gun from his waistband and fired a single shot before running off.

At the least, the shooter will get jail or prison time because using deadly force is not proper defense against being grabbed. Legally, self-defense has to be proportional to the threat; deadly force can only be used to defend against deadly force (e.g. in the Trayvon Martin case, when Martin was banging Zimmerman's head into the concrete sidewalk). It could get worse for Martinez, as he set off the protesters grabbing him - in proportional self-defense - by jumping a wall and charging at them.

Much as I disagree with the monument-protesters, this looks like a very correct prosecution of Martinez.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online LMAO

What actually happened is rather different from the thread headline:

Suspect in MAGA hat arrested for shooting at New Mexico protest – live

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-shooting-live-suspect-maga-050827401.html?ref=upstract.com

At the least, the shooter will get jail or prison time because using deadly force is not proper defense against being grabbed. Legally, self-defense has to be proportional to the threat; deadly force can only be used to defend against deadly force (e.g. in the Trayvon Martin case, when Martin was banging Zimmerman's head into the concrete sidewalk). It could get worse for Martinez, as he set off the protesters grabbing him - in proportional self-defense - by jumping a wall and charging at them.

Much as I disagree with the monument-protesters, this looks like a very correct prosecution of Martinez.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know who this American girl is but they post snippets and clickbait headlines from questionable sources
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Shoot before the mob beats you into the sidewalk?

Or wait until you can't defend yourself?

If he can jump the wall, so can they.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Shoot before the mob beats you into the sidewalk?

Or wait until you can't defend yourself?

If he can jump the wall, so can they.

@Smokin Joe

I agree. I am old and crippled up,and can't even walk away more than a few feet at a time,so you can bet  your bippy I will fire you up if you attack me physically.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know who this American girl is but they post snippets and clickbait headlines from questionable sources

Yep, and they don't stick around to even converse with us. Subjects are often years old recycled news and they basically plagiarize other articles without giving credit (linking to original). @American Girl ... Honestly I think the name "American Girl" is just one of many names used to spam on forums (and probable not really female).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....