Author Topic: Chicago's famed Signature Room restaurant atop its iconic John Hancock tower announces its closure a  (Read 805 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chicago's famed Signature Room restaurant atop its iconic John Hancock tower announces its closure and blames COVID as well as 'challenges' in crime-ridden Windy City
Story by Alex Hammer For Dailymail.Com •
17h

A message posted to the eatery's social media Thursday announced the closure

The iconic fine dining restaurant opened more than 30 years ago, and could be found found on the 95th and 96th floors of the former John Hancock Center

A memo was reportedly sent to the staff citing 'safety issues and negative publicity' surrounding the city as reasons for iconic restaurant's sudden closure

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-s-famed-signature-room-restaurant-atop-its-iconic-john-hancock-tower-announces-its-closure-and-blames-covid-as-well-as-challenges-in-crime-ridden-windy-city/ar-AA1hpXNU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5e40ed4a86274a9fbc51fe2f48923bda&ei=15#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
COVID wasn't the problem, government lies about it were. :smokin:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's a shame.  Ate at the "Top Of The Cock" many times!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sometimes restaurants close when their landlord in going to increase the cost of their next lease.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Never heard it said like that when I lived there but that is hilarious.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Never heard it said like that when I lived there but that is hilarious.

Back in the day we visited friends at Loras and partied on Rush Street.  They always called it that.  Later, after we all got jobs it was a standing joke when we went to eat there.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Back in the day we visited friends at Loras and partied on Rush Street.  They always called it that.  Later, after we all got jobs it was a standing joke when we went to eat there.

Rush Street. Back in the early 90's before it went so upscale, that place was straight up FUN. Took one of my classmates up there, he'd never been in a big city hardly, he flipped out on how many people there were (and all the hot chicks of course).
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

What was the specialty?