Author Topic: Biden admin proposes plan to hold fewest offshore oil drilling leases in US history  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden admin proposes plan to hold fewest offshore oil drilling leases in US history
Biden admin proposes three oil and gas lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico, but rejects possible Alaska sale
 By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published September 29, 2023 9:08am EDT

The Biden administration proposed its highly-anticipated offshore oil and gas leasing program for the next five years on Friday morning, laying out just three Gulf of Mexico lease sales through 2029.

The Department of the Interior (DOI) published the plan in a federal filing early Friday, laying out plans to lease oil and gas drilling rights across the Gulf of Mexico in 2025, 2027 and 2029. The plan, which is slated to be finalized by the end of the year, represents the lowest number of offshore lease sales ever proposed by the federal government and blocks leasing off the Alaskan coast, and in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

"The release of the U.S. offshore leasing program, mandated by law and long overdue, is an utter failure for the country," Erik Milito, the president of the National Ocean Industries Association, which represents both traditional and renewable offshore energy producers, said in a statement Friday.

"President Biden’s approach significantly curtails access to a critical national asset at a time when energy inflation is rampant, the likelihood of a national recession looms, and global efforts are intensifying to curb greenhouse gas emissions," Milito said. "The White House simply ignores our energy realities in once again limiting U.S. energy production opportunities."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-proposes-plan-hold-fewest-offshore-oil-drilling-leases-us-history
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Bravo, Mr. President

When Americans are experiencing higher energy prices, you help create more Shortages
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All of which benefits China and Russia, and Iran, and...

But who cares, just send more money to Ukraine.
The Republic is lost.