Author Topic: Biden’s GDP Growth Numbers Signal More Pain On The Way  (Read 369 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s GDP Growth Numbers Signal More Pain On The Way
« on: September 29, 2023, 02:07:44 pm »
Biden’s GDP Growth Numbers Signal More Pain On The Way

Will Kessler
Contributor
September 28, 2023 10:40 AM ET

A new estimate for U.S. economic growth released Thursday could mean that higher interest rates, and resulting economic pain, will be with Americans for longer.

Gross Domestic Product (GDP), a measure of economic growth, for the U.S. remained at 2.1% for the second quarter of 2023 in its third revision, after being revised down from an original estimate of 2.4%, while GDP for the first quarter was revised up from 2.0% to 2.2%, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). Jerome Powell, chair of the Federal Reserve, noted at the Jackson Hole Economic Symposium in August that factors like high inflation, a hot labor market and sustained economic growth could mean higher rates for longer.

The Fed decided to keep rates at a range of 5.25% and 5.50% at its September Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, holding them steady before another possible hike later this year. The last rate hike in July was the 11th increase to the federal funds rate since March 2022, leaving the range at the highest level since 2001.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/28/bidens-growth-numbers-signal-more-pain/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden’s GDP Growth Numbers Signal More Pain On The Way
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 03:06:29 pm »
A recession would help with inflation

This is partially how we got out of the inflation of the 1970s

What I worry about is what comes after that. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy