Author Topic: House overwhelmingly approves Ukraine aid  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House overwhelmingly approves Ukraine aid
« on: September 29, 2023, 01:58:32 pm »
House overwhelmingly approves Ukraine aid
by Mychael Schnell - 09/28/23 11:06 PM ET

The House late Thursday night overwhelmingly approved $300 million in new aid to Ukraine.

The 311-117 vote came after House GOP leaders on Wednesday stripped the Ukraine assistance from a Pentagon funding bill. All “no” votes came from Republicans.

Though it drew broad support, the funding has been a source of controversy for the past week.

The $300 million was initially included in legislation funding the Department of Defense for fiscal year 2024, which drew opposition from hardline Republicans.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told reporters last week that he would remove the $300 million from the defense bill and hold a separate vote on the funding after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) joined a band of conservatives in sinking a procedural vote to advance the Pentagon measure.

But the Speaker backtracked one day later, announcing that he would not separate the Ukraine aid from the defense bill after realizing that the appropriations measure to fund the State Department also included assistance for Kyiv. He said it would be “too difficult” to remove the Ukraine aid from the State Department legislation, and would ultimately leave both as they were.

The House went ahead and adopted a combined rule — which governs debate on legislation — for the two measures and two other appropriations bills. Greene was the lone “no” vote.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4229414-house-overwhelmingly-approves-ukraine-aid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: House overwhelmingly approves Ukraine aid
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 02:17:36 pm »
And there you have it. The drunk donkeys are just going to plod along on their own self inertia and keep writing checks without demanding any accountability for taxpayer monies, hell and the citizens be damned.
The Republic is lost.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 02:19:25 pm »
I bet you a lot of Putin lovers are not happy.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 02:29:22 pm »
I bet you a lot of Putin lovers are not happy.

Sorry Veruca Salt, I know you still wanna believe that Trump colluded with Russia, and because I HATE HIM HATE HIM HATE HIM some Trump, we must sacrifice every last drop of blood and treasure to destroy Russia, because Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 02:35:16 pm »
And there you have it. The drunk donkeys are just going to plod along on their own self inertia and keep writing checks without demanding any accountability for taxpayer monies, hell and the citizens be damned.

Come on man! You actually think our elected representatives would act on our behalf?  Are you drunk? @Free Vulcan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien