Author Topic: Conference cancels panel on biological sex in human skeletons over transphobia fears: Commits a 'car  (Read 490 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Conference cancels panel on biological sex in human skeletons over transphobia fears: Commits a 'cardinal sin'
Opinion by Hannah Grossman

EXCLUSIVE – Anthropologists from the largest associations of anthropologists in the world canceled an event discussing the importance of biological sex in the context of studying the human skeleton while citing "transphobia" as the reason for the panel being cut.

The American Anthropological Association (AAA) and The Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA) were skewered for walking back their approval for a panel event at its 2023 conference discussing biological sex. The AAA and CASCA said that it was now tightening its review process to ensure such an event wouldn't recur in the future.

The event in question discussed "Sex identification whether an individual was male or female – using the skeleton is one of the most fundamental components in bioarchaeology and forensic anthropology."

One of the speakers who was slated to attend, Elizabeth Weiss, an anthropology professor at San José State University, said in an interview with FOX News Digital that the field has been nose-diving into an "off the rails" agenda, with activists pushing for some facts to be replaced with feelings. As anthropologists have developed more precise metrics to determine the sex of the human skeleton they study in the field, the more they get attacked for knowing and being able to determine those differences, she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/conference-cancels-panel-on-biological-sex-in-human-skeletons-over-transphobia-fears-commits-a-cardinal-sin/ar-AA1hr6pn?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2e43159111624aa2882b0b1dc291b2b9&ei=21#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji