Author Topic: Texas gun culture of having firearms 'inside suits, boots, bras' shocks reporter  (Read 2096 times)

Offline libertybele

This is the way things should be!

Texas gun culture of having firearms 'inside suits, boots, bras' shocks reporter

A new report from The Washington Post seemed to marvel at the sheer number of guns that Texans have.

In an article published Tuesday, reporter Molly Hennessy-Fiske provided an in-depth look at how much Texans value their firearms, opening it with the claim, "To live in Texas is to live surrounded by guns."

The piece, titled, "In Texas, guns are everywhere, whether concealed or in the open," provided a litany of settings in which guns are present for citizens.

Hennessy-Fiske wrote, "Each morning, men here strap guns inside suits, boots and swim trunks. Women slip them into bra and bellyband holsters that render them invisible. They stash firearms in purses, tool boxes, portable gun safes, back seats and glove compartments............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-gun-culture-having-firearms-inside-suits-boots-bras-shocks-reporter
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yeah, I read that little wankerettes piece this morning.  It is a perfect example of liberal coastal elitists resent of a free state and generally all of middle America.  They can't stand that people in the heartland go to church; have things that interest them more than politics; are not averse to owning guns or admiring the military or global corporations; and are reflexively patriotic.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
?????

I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't own a gun.   :patriot:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

Well I hate to tell y'all... but that ain't just a Texas thing - The whole of the Rockies are the same thing, and in my experience the farmers in the Midwest are less so, but not by much... So forgive me if I ever come to Texas  and fail to be marveled, as some dingbat reporter so obviously was... For something that is as common as coffee.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
This is the way things should be!

Texas gun culture of having firearms 'inside suits, boots, bras' shocks reporter

What do ya know, one advantage of being a transexual... They can hide a gun in a spot I can't...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What do ya know, one advantage of being a transexual... They can hide a gun in a spot I can't...
:silly: Maybe Michelle Obama just walks around strapped.

Offline Idiot

?????

I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't own a gun.   :patriot:
LOL...me either.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Let Texas be Texas.  What works for Massachusetts may not work for Texas. and vice versa.  That's Federalism.

Our Founding Fathers believed that the government closest to the People governed the best.  They'd be horrified at how much power the Federal Government has today.

The only purpose of a gun registry is for aspiring tyrants to identify whom they need to disarm.

On April 19, 1775, the British were marching to Concord, Mass, to seize Massachusetts militiamen's firearms.

The first battle of the American Revolutionary War was fougt to defend the Right to Bear Arms.

God bless Texas.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:silly: Maybe Michelle Obama just walks around strapped.
Ya think her holster broke a strap while working out with Ellen?
This is my rifle, this is my gun...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Well... Maybe with some practice...  :whistle:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

:tongue2: :cool:

Offline mountaineer

I don't know how invisible a gun in a bra may be, but it sounds uncomfortable.
I use a concealed carry purse.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

How big are your guns?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She'd crap if she knew how many guns were in Iowa, or even downstate Illinois. And you can marry your sister in Missouri, so they got everything up to rocket launchers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Polly Ticks

Me, too.  (Where did you get yours, by the way?  My most recent came from Lady Conceal ... I'm mostly happy with it.)

I've seen the bra holsters, but have never tried to use one.  For one thing, my CCW is not really all that tiny.  :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

I don't remember where I got the purse, Polly.   :shrug:

I carry a Taurus G2C 9mm usually. Occasionally a S&W Sigma .380.

Offline Polly Ticks

I don't remember where I got the purse, Polly.   :shrug:

I carry a Taurus G2C 9mm usually. Occasionally a S&W Sigma .380.

My usual is a Ruger SR9C.  They told me when I bought it that it was too large for an everyday CCW, but I still don't care.  I love it ... it just feels "right" in my hand and shoots really smoothly. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

I love my Taurus. It may have been inexpensive, but it shoots just dandy.

Offline Idiot

*Note to self- Don't screw with the women here.  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

Ha. Chadwick educates WashPost writer:

Chadwick Moore
@Chadwick_Moore
The homicide rate in Texas is 4x lower than Washington, D.C. Texas’s “most violent” city, Houston, has about 25% fewer murders per capita than D.C.
1:09 PM · Sep 28, 2023

Online roamer_1

*Note to self- Don't screw with the women here.  :laugh:

Offline GtHawk

maybe if the author is so disconcerted about Texas's gun culture he should just stay the hell out of Texas? An armed society is a polite society, but a society where only criminals are armed is land of sheep preyed upon by wolves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
maybe if the author is so disconcerted about Texas's gun culture he should just stay the hell out of Texas? An armed society is a polite society, but a society where only criminals are armed is land of sheep preyed upon by wolves.

@GtHawk

Seems like such a simple concept that even a leftie should be able to understand it.

Then  again,I did NOT read all of the article,so is it possible that she was just surprised and the surprise has her considering changing her mind now that she is aware of the options?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

How big are your guns?
I'm bad, I thought about posting a Marty Robbins song :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

I had a few answers in mind to Wingnut's question, but let it go.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yep, but you might just die tired and out of breath.

it pays to know the 'tells' that tell you you have gone far enough and it's time to quit. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis