Author Topic: Retailers lost $112 billion in inventory in 2022, cite organized retail crime rings as main culprit  (Read 336 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Retailers lost $112 billion in inventory in 2022, cite organized retail crime rings as main culprit
by Barnini Chakraborty, Senior Investigations Reporter
 September 27, 2023 01:01 PM

Sign up now to get the Washington Examiner’s breaking news and timely commentary delivered right to your inbox.
Losses from retail theft jumped to $112.1 billion in 2022 from $93.9 billion in 2021, leading retailers nationwide either to change how they do business or, in some cases, shutter their operations for good, according to a new survey released by the National Retail Federation.

“Retailers are seeing unprecedented levels of theft coupled with rampant crime in their stores, and the situation is only becoming more dire,” David Johnston, NRF’s vice president for asset protection and retail operations, said in a statement Tuesday.

The annual survey by the trade group collected information from 177 retail brands across 28 different sectors — including apparel, jewelry, grocery, and department stores — and accounted for more than 97,000 retail locations and $1.6 trillion in annual retail sales.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/retail-theft-cost-businesses-112-billion-survey
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If you own stock in brick and mortar retail, that $112B loss in inventory, translates directly to less cents per share in divy's and capital growth. (EPS)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.