Author Topic: Chairman Smith: “Significant” New Evidence in Hunter Biden Investigation to Be Reviewed in Executive  (Read 241 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Chairman Smith: “Significant” New Evidence in Hunter Biden Investigation to Be Reviewed in Executive Session
September 27, 2023 —

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith (MO-08) delivered remarks at a press conference before a closed Committee executive session to review new evidence provided by IRS whistleblowers in the Hunter Biden investigation.

As prepared for delivery.

“Good morning and thank you all for coming today. I have a short, prepared statement I’d like to make.

“The Ways and Means Committee will be entering a closed-door executive session in a few moments to consider additional evidence provided by the two IRS whistleblowers, Joseph Zeigler and Gary Shapley, who first approached our committee back in April, sat for interviews before our committee in May, and who testified before the Oversight Committee in July.

“At this time, we cannot reveal the nature of the confidential documents we have received. What I can say right now is the information we will consider today is significant. It reinforces the integrity of the whistleblowers and the high regard in which they are held by their colleagues, and it brings to light new evidence that builds upon their prior testimony.

“Since we made their initial testimony public in June, these whistleblowers were removed from the investigation into Hunter Biden, their credibility has been questioned, and defense attorneys for Hunter Biden have gone as far as accusing them of breaking the law. In the months since, additional IRS employees subpoenaed by the Committee have confirmed what these brave whistleblowers told Congress.

more
https://waysandmeans.house.gov/chairman-smith-statement-press-conference-ahead-of-executive-session-review-of-new-evidence-in-hunter-biden-investigation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34