Author Topic: House approves bill striking down Biden's crackdown on hunting and archery in overwhelmingly biparti  (Read 229 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, you don't see this every day from the House of Reps: 
In a 424-1 vote, the House approved the Protecting Hunting Heritage and Education Act with 216 Republicans and 208 Democrats voting in favor,

The House voted late Tuesday evening in favor of legislation striking down the Biden administration's decision to block federal funding for school shooting sports courses.

In a 424-1 vote, the House approved the Protecting Hunting Heritage and Education Act with 216 Republicans and 208 Democrats voting in favor, and just one lawmaker, Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, voting against. Rep. Mark Green, R-Tenn., introduced the bill on Aug. 1, days after a Fox News Digital report in late July revealed the Department of Education was withholding funds for school hunting and archery courses.

"Hunters and fishers are the best conservationists," Green told Fox News Digital after the vote Tuesday. "Hunting, whether it be with a firearm or bow, is one of the most effective ways to control wildlife populations, protect our beautiful lands, and connect with nature. My Protecting Hunting Heritage and Education Act is critical for our children."

He added in a separate statement that American students should be encouraged to "participate in enriching athletic activities that foster an appreciation for nature and the ability to focus on a goal." According to Green, in his state alone, the Biden administration's funding decision impacts an estimated 50,000 students.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-approves-bill-striking-down-bidens-crackdown-hunting-archery-overwhelmingly-bipartisan-vote
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Getting kids to do anything that doesn't involve looking at a screen is a positive.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

One of my neighbor's kids trained for that Winter Olympic sport where you have to ski and shoot.

Why does Joe Biden hate the Winter Olympics?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.