Author Topic: Hundreds of Oakland businesses reportedly to go on strike over rampant violent crime plaguing Califo  (Read 346 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds of Oakland businesses reportedly to go on strike over rampant violent crime plaguing California city
Story by Danielle Wallace •
19h

More than 200 businesses are reportedly set to go on strike in Oakland, California, in protest of rampant violent crime they say is driving customers from their establishments.

"If not, there will be more businesses that will close. So we may sacrifice maybe one day, people may close the entire day, or maybe two hours, but that is a time when we have to say enough is enough," Carl Chan, president of the Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, who helped organize the strike, told Fox 2 KTVU.

The strike involves some businesses closing for the entire day and others who cannot afford to do so instead shutting their doors between 10 a.m. and noon. Chan himself survived a violent attack last year, and the now-convicted assailant reportedly went on to brutally assault an 88-year-old Asian woman in nearby San Francisco just months later.

Business owners told KTVU that they are suffering from repeated break-ins and robberies, and their patrons and employees alike are fearing for their safety.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-oakland-businesses-reportedly-to-go-on-strike-over-rampant-violent-crime-plaguing-california-city/ar-AA1hif99?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2552ea174a80430eb6c77d050409b9e8&ei=30
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson