Author Topic: CVS says it will close NINE HUNDRED stores by the end of 2024 - 10% of all its shops - as it moves t  (Read 876 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CVS says it will close NINE HUNDRED stores by the end of 2024 - 10% of all its shops - as it moves to online strategy amid rampant increase in shoplifting

CVS is making drastic reforms to adjust to the needs of modern online shoppers
    Rival Walgreens also plans to shut 150 stores as part of a modernization drive
    READ MORE: CVS store manager is shot and killed by customer accused of shoplifting

By James Reynolds

Published: 04:30 EDT, 26 September 2023 | Updated: 10:47 EDT, 26 September 2023

CVS is set to close hundreds of stores across the country as it undergoes a complete retail overhaul – as more outlets move towards online sellers amid rampant increases in crime.

The major drugstore chain is coming to the end of a policy launched in 2021 which will see 300 stores closed each year - meaning 900 will have shuttered by 2024.

In the announcement, which has hit headlines again recently amid rampant shoplifting at the chain, bosses they said that they were undergoing a new 'retail footprint strategy.'

CVS and other retailers across the US continue to adjust to post-pandemic footfall, with COVID helping turbocharge the popularity of online shopping.

More shoppers are turning to buying online in the wake of the pandemic, as well as rocketing levels of shoplifting affecting sales in stores.

CVS claims that 'local market dynamics, population shifts, and a community's store density' are some of the aspects it has looked into when deciding which stores to shutter.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12561125/cvs-pharmacy-shutting-stores-2024.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First Rite Aide now CVS
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"Community activists" will decry the abandonment of poor communities and communities of color.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Drug stores are like Dollar Generals.  One every 1/2 mile. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

First Rite Aide now CVS

Actually RiteAid was purchased by Walgreen's.  And some of them are still Rite Aid!  (But with new green-based logo instead of red-blue.)

I have a comment on this.  We found out CVS was either losing/unable to get pharmacists or just cutting back (I forget - my hubby follows more).  He has had lots of trouble, and so have I when I use them, getting Rx filled on time.  Heck, last Saturday I had emergency anti-biotics to get, had to go to CVS being weekend, and knowing about this I went with hubby to shop for furniture while we "waited".  2 hours later, almost birthday dinner time, they had not filled it!  So I had to wait more anyway, and made it very hard getting his special meal done!

The other thing hubby hated was the constant, incessant AutoRefills from CVS.  They Robocall saying they're refilling it, constantly, and he'd say no.  He wanted out of Auto, but they'd just keep trying to do it.

I prefer my little local pharmacists.  Right now I have a really little guy (1 - won't hire any help) and when he's open I can get almost all my stuff fast and when I want it, and no pestering about refilling (I have many chronic meds).  Grew up with a local which finally closed in 2013 (51 years - all of my life we'd gone there).  Much better than masses of people at the big chains.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

"Community activists" will decry the abandonment of poor communities and communities of color.

Partly driven out of business by those poor deprived rioters.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

The other thing to remark is that CVS bought into Target clinics - so they expanded to the various Targets.  Too quick expansion?

Offline LMAO

As bad as things are getting in the inner cities, don’t expect a change in any voting patterns.

I think we need to have a conversation, not only about race, but of culture and what kind of culture the inner city black race seems to tenaciously embrace

The only thing that’s going to turn around these inner cities is a change in the culture
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

If CVS closes, where will the O.G.'s steal diapers and baby formula from?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
As bad as things are getting in the inner cities, don’t expect a change in any voting patterns.

I think we need to have a conversation, not only about race, but of culture and what kind of culture the inner city black race seems to tenaciously embrace

The only thing that’s going to turn around these inner cities is a change in the culture
The democrats will promise to force these chains and other stores to remain open so that Blacks can continue steal them blind, just gettin their reprashuns ya know.

Offline mountaineer

Also Target, but I don't care.

Target to close 9 stores — including NYC location — citing ‘theft’ and employee ‘safety’
By Lisa Fickenscher   
Published Sep. 26, 2023, 3:50 p.m. ET

Story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Also Target, but I don't care.

Target to close 9 stores — including NYC location — citing ‘theft’ and employee ‘safety’
By Lisa Fickenscher   
Published Sep. 26, 2023, 3:50 p.m. ET

Story at NY Post

I don't know if that will help stop the crime. They'll just find another target.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

??? Perhaps I am misunderstanding, so you are expecting the Black population that are here LEGALLY and have been here for many decades to change their culture???

What is going to make the inner cities worse are the ILLEGALS coming in and then I'm afraid that we are going to have a race war on our hands.  Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

So where are people who live in the inner cities going to shop??  They'll come into the suburbs and once stores are closed in the suburbs they will venture into the country and into the Mom & Pop stores.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GTHawk predicts:
"The democrats will promise to force these chains and other stores to remain open so that Blacks can continue steal them blind, just gettin their reprashuns ya know"

Directive 10-289.
(from a book I read a while back...)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
On-line prescription meds like Express Scripts have whacked a chunk of the profitability of Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreen.  Personally, I like going to the drug store, to make sure there hasn't been a mistake in disepensing my meds.  Seems it would be a hassle to deal with it on-line.  But that's just this old geezer.

I think one, and maybe 2 of these survive, but they are going to need some innovative ways to lure customers away from their keyboards. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

On-line prescription meds like Express Scripts have whacked a chunk of the profitability of Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreen.  Personally, I like going to the drug store, to make sure there hasn't been a mistake in disepensing my meds.  Seems it would be a hassle to deal with it on-line.  But that's just this old geezer.

I think one, and maybe 2 of these survive, but they are going to need some innovative ways to lure customers away from their keyboards.

Walgreen's has gone down hill.  I switched locations because the Walgreen's pharmacy that we were going to would just close for the day.  There have been many, many times when we've received phone calls telling us that are prescription is ready only to go to the store to find out it hadn't been processed.  Walgreen's is pretty bad around here.  They offered on-line service, but if they can't get it right at the store, what recourse do we have if the on-line delivery is incorrect?  OR the store decides to close for the day and we're stuck with the incorrect med till they open.

Offline DB

Amazon has an online pharmacy now...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
GTHawk predicts:
"The democrats will promise to force these chains and other stores to remain open so that Blacks can continue steal them blind, just gettin their reprashuns ya know"

Directive 10-289.
(from a book I read a while back...)
https://www.conservapedia.com/Directive_10-289

Offline libertybele

Amazon has an online pharmacy now...

Joy and Lord only knows where the meds are being manufactured and if there is some sort of quality control.

Offline mountaineer

I'm trying to avoid online purchasing. We've had no problems with the Walgreen's in our town. Thankfully, we don't have a lot of prescriptions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

That's right. People keep voting for it, at often an 80%+ rate. Until something changes, what  can be done?
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

I just read an article that there is a shortage of pharmacists as well (much like the rest of the medical profession). That could be a contributing factor.