Author Topic: The New Moral Order Is Already Crumbling  (Read 318 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The New Moral Order Is Already Crumbling
« on: September 26, 2023, 02:13:10 pm »
The New Moral Order Is Already Crumbling

© Cecilia Fabiano/Associated Press

The new moral order our secularist elites have been busy constructing since the end of the Cold War is collapsing around them.

Over the past 30 years, the values of Judeo-Christian belief that had inspired and sustained Western civilization and culture for centuries have been steadily replaced in a moral, cultural and political revolution of the postmodern ascendancy. But the contradictions and implausibilities inherent in this successor creed have been increasingly exposed, and its failure to supply the needs of the people is discrediting it in the popular mind.

This new edifice has been built around three principal pillars: First, the ethical primacy of global obligation over national self-interest, in economic and geopolitical terms, but most directly and consequentially in a rejection of the morality of national borders and an embrace of something like open-door immigration. Second, a quasi-biblical belief in climate catastrophism, in which man’s essential energy-consuming sinfulness can be expiated only by massive sacrifice of economic progress. Third, a wholesale cultural self-cancellation in which the virtues, values and historic achievements of traditional civilization are rejected and replaced by a cultural hierarchy that inverts old prejudices and obliges the class of white, male heterosexuals to acknowledge their history of exploitation and submit to comprehensive social and economic reparation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-new-moral-order-is-already-crumbling/ar-AA1hf2jJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a2aa0a76dde64d8198a93edf885173e2&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The New Moral Order Is Already Crumbling
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 12:37:38 am »
"The new moral order our secularist elites have been busy constructing since the end of the Cold War is collapsing around them."

It wasn't a "new moral order".
Au contraire.
It was a "new Amoral order".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The New Moral Order Is Already Crumbling
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 07:12:59 am »
Third, a wholesale cultural self-cancellation in which the virtues, values and historic achievements of traditional civilization are rejected and replaced by a cultural hierarchy that inverts old prejudices and obliges the class of white, male heterosexuals to acknowledge their history of exploitation and submit to comprehensive social and economic reparation[/b].

Well, that isn't happening.

I am justifiably unrepentant, because I have exploited no one, have no apologies for my heterosexuality, and the only people I owe for what I have achieved are my ancestors who prized education (formal or otherwise), and a long list of people who created the heritage others would demand I abandon. I have no control over my genetics, nor would I change them if I could. My morality comes from the scriptures, albeit I am imperfect, I try.

As my Saviour exhorts me to do, I will pray for them, especially if they try enforcing that crap on me. .
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis