Author Topic: More and more schools across the US adopt 4-day learning weeks  (Read 459 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More and more schools across the US adopt 4-day learning weeks
« on: September 26, 2023, 01:26:44 pm »
More and more schools across the US adopt 4-day learning weeks
While US schools may be adopting 3-day weekends to save costs, parents may face difficulty arranging child care on the extra class-free day
Associated Press
Published September 25, 2023 1:52pm EDT

It's a Monday in September, but with schools closed, the three children in the Pruente household have nowhere to be. Callahan, 13, contorts herself into a backbend as 7-year-old Hudson fiddles with a balloon and 10-year-old Keegan plays the piano.

Like a growing number of students around the U.S, the Pruente children are on a four-day school schedule, a change instituted this fall by their district in Independence, Missouri.

To the kids, it's terrific. "I have a three-day break of school!" exclaimed Hudson.

But their mom, Brandi Pruente, who teaches French in a neighboring district in suburban Kansas City, is frustrated to find herself hunting for activities to keep her kids entertained and off electronics while she works five days a week.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-more-schools-across-us-adopt-4-day-learning-weeks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: More and more schools across the US adopt 4-day learning weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 01:30:53 pm »
They have had four day school weeks here for a couple of years now.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 01:58:57 pm »
The teacher's unions are just government jobs programs designed to minimize their work and maximize their pay/benefits.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 02:18:24 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 03:39:43 pm »
Homeschool, please. If you have children or grandchildren, please get them out of government schools.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 06:03:10 pm »
It would be nice if they actually had four days of learning Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, and not four days of indoctrination.

But the unintended consequence is that one day of 'day care' a week will be gone for people trying to work a five day work week.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 07:47:57 pm »
Not sure what working parents are supposed to do. Oh well, the kiddies don't belong to them, anyway.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org