Author Topic: More charges filed against 2 teens held in fatal bicyclist hit-and-run video case in Las Vegas  (Read 260 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

More charges filed against 2 teens held in fatal bicyclist hit-and-run video case in Las Vegas
Story by By KEN RITTER, Associated Press •
15h

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Prosecutors filed additional criminal charges Monday against two teenagers being held as adults in the video-recorded killing of a retired former Southern California police chief as he rode his bicycle on a Las Vegas road.

The teens, ages 18 and 16, are due in court on Tuesday following what police say were at least three hit-and-run incidents the morning of Aug. 14 — including the apparently intentional crash that killed cyclist Andreas “Andy” Probst, 64. The Associated Press is not naming the teens due to their ages. Probst retired in 2009 as police chief in the Los Angeles-area city of Bell.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said he filed five felony and two misdemeanor charges against the 18-year-old, including attempted murder, battery with a weapon, leaving the scene of a crash and possession of a stolen vehicle.

A battery with a weapon charge was added to the murder and attempted murder counts against the 16-year-old.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/more-charges-filed-against-2-teens-held-in-fatal-bicyclist-hit-and-run-video-case-in-las-vegas/ar-AA1hfhWk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0d15640c05214412a899902dc45482c6&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson