Author Topic: Paxton Demands Backpay After Hegar Withheld Salary During Impeachment  (Read 323 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Brandon Waltens September 25, 2023

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office says it will “consider all legal avenues to redress this issue.”

After Comptroller Glenn Hegar suspended Attorney General Ken Paxton’s salary this summer following the House’s vote to impeach him in May, Paxton is demanding backpay.

“I am aware that staff at the Office of the Comptroller of Public Accounts (“CPA”) has withheld salary payments from Attorney General Ken Paxton during pendency of impeachment proceedings and that the CPA has further refused to provide back payments to Attorney General Paxton notwithstanding his full acquittal of all impeachment charges,” First Assistant Attorney General Brent Webster wrote in a letter to Hegar on Monday.

“I write today to unequivocally inform you that the Office of the Attorney General’s position is that the CPA is in violation of not only state law, but also the Texas Constitution, by refusing to issue salary payments to a duly elected statewide officeholder and advise you that this agency will consider all legal avenues to redress this issue.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/paxton-demands-backpay-after-hegar-withheld-salary-during-impeachment/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Paxton Demands Backpay After Hegar Withheld Salary During Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 09:33:03 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien