Author Topic: All eyes on NJ Gov Murphy if Menendez changes course and resigns unexpectedly  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All eyes on NJ Gov Murphy if Menendez changes course and resigns unexpectedly
'I intend to continue to fight for the people of New Jersey with the same success I've had for the past five decades,' says Sen Bob Menendez
By Joe Schoffstall Fox News
Published September 25, 2023 2:01pm EDT

excerpt:

"The alleged facts are so serious that they compromise the ability of Senator Menendez to effectively represent the people of our state," Murphy said in a statement.

If Menendez were to change course and resign, Murphy would appoint someone to fill his Senate seat until the term ends in January 2025.

Speculation has swirled that if this scenario unfolded, Murphy would likely pick either Rep. Andy Kim or Rep. Mikie Sherrill, both Democrats, given they would make history, as the New Jersey Globe reported.

Kim would be the first Asian American senator from New Jersey, while Sherrill would be the state's first female senator.

Kim, meanwhile, announced Saturday that he is running against Menendez in the state's Democratic primary. Menendez has maintained that he is not going anywhere.

"Those who believe in justice believe in innocence until proven guilty," Menendez previously said. "I intend to continue to fight for the people of New Jersey with the same success I've had for the past five decades."

"This is the same record of success these very same leaders have lauded all along," he continued. "It is not lost on me how quickly some are rushing to judge a Latino and push him out of his seat. I am not going anywhere."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/all-eyes-nj-gov-murphy-menendez-changes-course-resigns-unexpectedly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34