Author Topic: NYC students going to school high ‘every day’ as drug incidents rise  (Read 709 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC students going to school high ‘every day’ as drug incidents rise: teachers

By Deirdre Bardolf, Georgett Roberts and Craig McCarthy
Published Sep. 24, 2023

New York kids are getting a higher education these days.

Students in the Big Apple are regularly waking and baking before class — with The Post catching teens toking up outside schools in the morning and teachers reporting rampant use of the drug in the buildings.

“They come in sluggish or sleepy. Their eyes are red. Sometimes you can smell it, too,” said one exasperated teacher at August Martin High School in Queens.

“It’s not good for learning. They can’t learn if they are high?”

The problem has gotten so bad that Mayor Eric Adams highlighted it in the “State of Our Schools” address last Wednesday — saying that pot use is worse with the rampant spread of illegal cannabis stores in every city neighborhood.

“A few blocks from here on their way to school we are selling cannabis in the stores where they come in high every day,” Adams said in the speech.

Incidents involving illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcohol and unauthorized use of possession of controlled substances or prescription medications are more common, too — they increased 17% in the 2022-2023 school year compared to the year before, according to city officials.

The Post observed teens gathering to take tokes of marijuana before school last week and many students said it is common to see kids coming in high and smoking vape pens in the buildings.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/24/students-stoned-for-class-every-day-as-drug-incidents-rise/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: NYC students going to school high ‘every day’ as drug incidents rise
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 07:09:58 pm »
Decriminalizing MJ wasn't harmless, as pro-legalization people claimed? Who'd athunk it! 22222frying pan
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 01:09:32 am »
Decriminalizing MJ wasn't harmless, as pro-legalization people claimed? Who'd athunk it! 22222frying pan

Exactly.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 01:58:23 am »
Back in the day when a single joint was a felony, we at least waited to drink in the parking lot over Lunch.

Getting sloshed would get you cut off for the rest of the week.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 02:47:10 am »
Back in the day when a single joint was a felony, we at least waited to drink in the parking lot over Lunch.

Getting sloshed would get you cut off for the rest of the week.

Worst me and my friends got into back then WAS alcohol. Mostly beer. Probably right by me... I did later graduate to harder things, but beer has ever been the base party unit for me. Scared the crap outa me, the choices my kids had available... and worse still for my grands...