Author Topic: New DHS Rule Would Allow Low-Skill Alien Workers from China, India, Iran, North Korea, and Russia  (Read 181 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New DHS Rule Would Allow Low-Skill Alien Workers from China, India, Iran, North Korea, and Russia
A proposed regulation on H-2A and H-2B workers

By David North on September 21, 2023
A proposed regulation by the Department of Homeland Security would allow employers to import H-2A and H-2B workers from anywhere in the world, including India and China, which already flood the H-1B program, and even worse, from Iran, North Korea, Russia, and a dozen other countries now barred from the H-2 programs

Do we need farm workers (H-2A) and other nonskilled (H-2B) workers from such distant places as Burma (Myanmar), Indonesia, and the five Central Asian “Stans” when there are plenty of workers to be had, at considerably less expense, in nearby Mexico and Central America? What happened to the sensible idea of the Biden administration that recruiting such workers in the Northern Triangle would ease the pressures at the southern border?

Is it really too burdensome on the staff of DHS to draw up yearly lists of nations to be barred from these programs, one of the least persuasive arguments in this proposal?

So far, these are proposed changes, subject to comment for the next 60 days. It is about to be published in the Federal Register and can be seen here.

https://cis.org/North/New-DHS-Rule-Would-Allow-LowSkill-Alien-Workers-China-India-Iran-North-Korea-and-Russia
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson