Author Topic: U.S. national debt hits $33 trillion mark, with $1 trillion incurred in just the last 3 months  (Read 308 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. national debt hits $33 trillion mark, with $1 trillion incurred in just the last 3 months
09/21/2023 // Olivia Cook // 1.7K Views

The gross national debt of the U.S. surpassed $33 trillion on Sept. 18 – just three months after hitting the $32 trillion mark. The non-profit Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) said in a press release that on June 15, the federal government's gross debt eclipsed $32 trillion.
By comparison, the national debt was less than a trillion – $907 billion – four decades ago.

"After the debt ceiling showdown in June, we crossed the $32 trillion debt milestone. Now, as we stare down a potential government shutdown just three months later, we have raced past $33 trillion in red ink,"

Michael A. Peterson, CEO of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation (PGPF), said in a statement.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-09-21-us-national-debt-hits-33-trillion-mark.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As the debt grows, so does the interest that needs to be paid and spending over $1.8 billion every day on interest will become the "fastest-growing part of the federal budget." In 10 years, the interest will more than double where it is today and “every dollar that goes toward interest payments means less resources available to build a stronger, more resilient future.

It's going to do alot more than double is my prediction. To put it in the words of Private Hudson - 'Game over man'.
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

And the two, for now, front runners for POTUS are promising to grow this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

It's going to do alot more than double is my prediction. To put it in the words of Private Hudson - 'Game over man'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Who are those DAMNED fools that voted for Biden and democrats to bring this catastrophe upon us, after running God our of government, education, business?? ? ?  Oh yeah they're busy lieing their way out of what they have done, and fools love it just that way.  Doncha fools?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions