Author Topic: Dallas mayor leaves Democratic Party, switches to GOP: 'American cities need Republicans'  (Read 1037 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dallas mayor leaves Democratic Party, switches to GOP: 'American cities need Republicans'
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson was elected in 2019 and has been a vocal supporter of law enforcement
By Andrew Mark Miller Fox News
Published September 22, 2023 12:29pm EDT

The mayor of one of the largest cities in the U.S. announced in a Friday op-ed that he is leaving the Democratic Party and becoming a Republican.

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed with the headline "America’s Cities Need Republicans, and I’m Becoming One," Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson explains that he is leaving the Democratic Party because "the future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism."

"Our cities desperately need the genuine commitment to these principles (as opposed to the inconsistent, poll-driven commitment of many Democrats) that has long been a defining characteristic of the GOP," Johnson wrote.

"In other words, American cities need Republicans — and Republicans need American cities," he continued. "When my political hero Theodore Roosevelt was born, only 20% of Americans lived in urban areas. By the time he was elected president, that share had doubled to 40%. Today, it stands at 80%. As America’s cities go, so goes America."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dallas-mayor-leaves-democratic-party-switches-to-gop-american-cities-need-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
To quote Joe Biden, "This is a big F'n deal"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Sl8hYzjkg
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Not sure where he stands on other social issues, but fiscal conservatism and commitment to enforcing laws could go far, if he has political ambitions.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
To quote Joe Biden, "This is a big F'n deal"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Sl8hYzjkg

It is Dallas County no less.   Harris Co. Light. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It is Dallas County no less.   Harris Co. Light.

:yowsa: That's why it's a BIG F'n deal! @Wingnut

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

Interesting. Being the cynic that I am, I'm left wondering why.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Maybe it's just me @berdie but I think the Dims have overplayed their hand. Again!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

I sure hope so @Bigun. Since Dallas is the closest metro area to me. I grew up there and hate to see how it has changed.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I sure hope so @Bigun. Since Dallas is the closest metro area to me. I grew up there and hate to see how it has changed.

888high58888 :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I guessing he is kind of like our good buddy @DCPatriot.

A couple of years ago, from his posts you could have sworn he was a lifelong Expos/Nationals Fan.   Now, he's traded caps for the O's.
Bandwaggoning used to be more prevlant than now, but I am guessing the strategy isn't dead.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I guessing he is kind of like our good buddy @DCPatriot.

A couple of years ago, from his posts you could have sworn he was a lifelong Expos/Nationals Fan.   Now, he's traded caps for the O's.
Bandwaggoning used to be more prevlant than now, but I am guessing the strategy isn't dead.

@catfish1957

Actually, was an avid Orioles fan long before the Nationals came to town.  They just got so progressively awful that I bandwagoned the NATS when they caught lightening.

I'm talking about Earl Weaver days Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@catfish1957

Actually, was an avid Orioles fan long before the Nationals came to town.  They just got so progressively awful that I bandwagoned the NATS when they caught lightening.

But you never mention the greatest bird of them all, Brooks Robinson.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Begun was probably a Senators fan. Not saying he is old....well okay,  yeah I am.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Begun was probably a Senators fan. Not saying he is old....well okay,  yeah I am.

Bigun was/is a BASEBALL fan. Hard to find it these days above the college level.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Just ribbin ya.... :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

St. Louis Browns!

The Dems over-played their defund the police hand. In varying degrees, it's had predictable results, and many ordinary people have recognized, are recognizing, and will recognize it. What is not predictable is how people will react because humans are just unpredictable in such circumstances.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.