Author Topic: Hemet woman fatally stabbed after asking people doing drugs to move away from home, family says  (Read 596 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hemet woman fatally stabbed after asking people doing drugs to move away from home, family says
Cody Weems says his wife asked two people doing drugs outside their children's bedroom window to move away from the home when she was attacked.
By Tony Shin and Jonathan Lloyd • Published September 21, 2023 • Updated on September 21, 2023 at 10:55 am

A 28-year-old mother of three was stabbed by an unidentified woman after confronting her for using drugs outside her home.

A 28-year-old mother of three was fatally stabbed Monday in a confrontation outside the family's home in Hemet.

Shawna Weems was attacked at about 12:30 a.m. Monday after she confronted a man and woman who were doing drugs outside her children's bedroom window, family members said. Her husband said she only asked the people to move away from her family's home.

An argument ensued, and the woman pulled out a knife. Weems' husband was on his way out of the house when he encountered a horrific scene.

"Just imagine if that was your wife or your daughter, and that got taken from you like that," said husband Cody Weems. "How could you live with yourself with who you are? How could you stay out there like this without turning yourself in?"

Shawna Weems was stabbed several times. No arrests have been reported.

The attacker and a man left the scene on Gilbert Street in the Riverside County community in a silver truck that was pulling a recreational vehicle, Cody Weems said.

Weems was a mother of three children, ages 5, 6 and 7.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/woman-stabbed-hemet/3229154/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Such confrontations are best done with arms at hand, and from a minimum of 20 feet away.

Eff their sensitivities, yell at them from a safe distance, if they advance in a hostile manner, produce a weapon.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Such confrontations are best done with arms at hand, and from a minimum of 20 feet away.

Eff their sensitivities, yell at them from a safe distance, if they advance in a hostile manner, produce a weapon.

I don't think that is legal in California...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't think that is legal in California...
Well, that's just one more reason I'm not in California. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Autumn Goodwin, suspect.