Author Topic: Blue city district attorney decries culture of lawlessness emboldening brazen criminals  (Read 280 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blue city district attorney decries culture of lawlessness emboldening brazen criminals

People believe you can 'walk into a store, take what you want and walk out, while the rest of us stand there waiting to pay,' San Francisco DA Brooke Jenkins said
By Kristine Parks Fox News
Published September 21, 2023 10:01am EDT

San Francisco DA Brooke Jenkins addresses public safety concerns
San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins touches upon public safety concerns in the San Francisco community following the fatal stabbing of tech titan Bob Lee. (KTVU)

San Francisco's district attorney blasted the "culture" of lawlessness in the city and around the country, during a public safety town hall.

City officials met with frustrated residents to discuss law enforcement's plans to address the city's crime, drug and homelessness problems during the Monday meeting. Residents aired their "disgust" with officials, on the lack of arrests for people who were openly drug dealing and under the influence on city streets, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

District Attorney Brooke Jenkins acknowledged the crowd's concerns, and suggested the problem was criminals were not being held accountable in the city.

"Right now, we have a city that’s been lacking in accountability," Jenkins told residents, who reportedly cheered in agreement. She argued San Francisco wasn't the only place dealing with brazen retail theft.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/blue-city-district-attorney-decries-culture-lawlessness-emboldening-brazen-criminals
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Being a liberal, her words are absolutely meaningless!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson