Author Topic: Los Angeles admits that gas prices are out of control again  (Read 845 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Los Angeles admits that gas prices are out of control again
« on: September 22, 2023, 03:04:26 pm »

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/09/17/los-angeles-admits-that-gas-prices-are-out-of-control-again-n578654

So, Los Angeles, how is Bidenomics working out for you? To listen to either Joe Biden or Kamala Harris, you would think that everything is just going swimmingly. ‘Bidenomics. It’s working!‘ But Angelinos are experiencing a very different reality and all of the political ad campaigns in the world aren’t going to change that. Even the local CBS News outlet was forced to confront the truth this week and they picked one of the most visible indicators that a majority of voters have to confront each and every week. Gas prices are once again going up. And they’ve been going up for months. In fact, they have now reached levels not seen in almost a year, with the average price in Los Angeles County now sitting at more than five and a half dollars per gallon, seemingly destined to break the six-dollar mark before very long.

LIEden depleted the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to manipulate gasoline prices, but now it's too low to be used for that purpose. Consequently, gasoline prices here in CA have risen on the order of a dollar per gallon in the past 6-12 months.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Los Angeles admits that gas prices are out of control again
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 03:05:26 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 03:21:38 pm »
It's worse for Kalifornia because they're state laws require a special gasoline blend that is only sold in Kalifornia, and is only made by a handful of refineries.

If Kalifornians don't like gasoline prices, they only have themselves to blame.  They keep re-electing the people that pass regulations that make gasoline more expensive in Kalifornia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 04:30:22 pm »

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/09/17/los-angeles-admits-that-gas-prices-are-out-of-control-again-n578654

LIEden depleted the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to manipulate gasoline prices, but now it's too low to be used for that purpose. Consequently, gasoline prices here in CA have risen on the order of a dollar per gallon in the past 6-12 months.
The gas has risen a dollar a gallon in a lot less than 6-12 months here in SoCal where I am it's taken only a matter of weeks, I paid $5.79 a gallon this morning and that was at ARCO, the cheapest chain.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 05:21:49 pm »
If Kalifornians don't like gasoline prices, they only have themselves to blame.  ...

This Californian rejects your blame. I did NOT "vote for it".

I did not vote for anyone in the legislature (not for decades!).

I did not vote for the occupant of the governor's office (not for decades!).

I did not vote for anyone in Congress (not for decades!).

I did not vote for the current occupant of the White House.

WRT "state laws require a special gasoline blend that is only sold in Kalifornia", that is imposed by the FEDERAL EPA. https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-blend-and-winter-blend-gasoline :

What are the differences between these fuels and how do they impact your wallet? Knowing the difference between summer and winter gasoline and when they are being sold at gas stations in the United States can help you better budget for gas.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUMMER AND WINTER GASOLINE
Seasonal temperatures and government regulations (link to EPA regs) make a big difference in the type of gasoline we use in our vehicles.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 05:29:27 pm »
The gas has risen a dollar a gallon in a lot less than 6-12 months here in SoCal where I am it's taken only a matter of weeks, I paid $5.79 a gallon this morning and that was at ARCO, the cheapest chain.

I hadn't tracked the timing of the ~$1 rise, so I overstated the time frame.

I paid $5.69 this AM for mid-grade at an indy station near my home. I didn't posted a specific price in my OP because I'm guessing other states, with less crazy prices, have nevertheless seen a similar price increase, courtesy of LIEden shrinking the oil supply (decreased supply plus unchanged or increased demand - school's in! - means prices will increase).

Online GtHawk

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 07:02:06 pm »
I hadn't tracked the timing of the ~$1 rise, so I overstated the time frame.

I paid $5.69 this AM for mid-grade at an indy station near my home. I didn't posted a specific price in my OP because I'm guessing other states, with less crazy prices, have nevertheless seen a similar price increase, courtesy of LIEden shrinking the oil supply (decreased supply plus unchanged or increased demand - school's in! - means prices will increase).
yes and california is lucky to have what, an extra .50 cents that the morons voted for above and beyond the gas tax? I don't know about other states but here we are plagued with morons that will vote for every stinking extra spending bill that comes up, for the children, for the environment, for infrastructure...didn't the democrats ram through billions of dollars for infrastructure back in Obamarammadingdong's residency? How is it that Pelosi didn't get California the lions share, or did she and it just went into democrat donors pockets to to be laundered and returned as campaign donations?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 07:05:43 pm »

I did not vote for anyone in the legislature (not for decades!).

I did not vote for the occupant of the governor's office (not for decades!).

I did not vote for anyone in Congress (not for decades!).

I did not vote for the current occupant of the White House.

WRT "state laws require a special gasoline blend that is only sold in Kalifornia", that is imposed by the FEDERAL EPA. https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-blend-and-winter-blend-gasoline :

I understand your postion that you are not personally culpable for the CA disaster, but at least 50%+1 are.  So I agree with the poster, except maybe add "majority" of Californians are to blame.  And apparently they are liking it, because they keep voting them in.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 07:22:54 pm »
I understand your postion that you are not personally culpable for the CA disaster, but at least 50%+1 are.  So I agree with the poster, except maybe add "majority" of Californians are to blame.  And apparently they are liking it, because they keep voting them in.
And it happening in a lot more states than California, every state that has a democrat majority does it, I see insanity in states like Montana that I thought it wouldn't happen, Texas is being turned bit by bit the same way California was, with growing democrat centers and influx of illegals. Hopefully states like Texas, Florida and other strong red states can resist so that someday I can have the freedoms back that California is stealing away.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 07:24:36 pm »
yes and california is lucky to have what, an extra .50 cents that the morons voted for above and beyond the gas tax? ...

Gas prices in CA vary by proximity to refineries and ease of access, so the price per gallon in the town of Mendocino must be north of $7 or $8. That said, were the price I paid in an area near to refineries and having "easy" freeway access compared to, perhaps, a logistically similar area in Texas or Louisiana, I would guess the California-tax (literal taxes plus other regulocrat stupid-taxes) to be a dollar or more.

A post that included "majority (of)" would get no quibble from me. I live an hour and a galaxy away from some of the craziest parts of CA. OTOH, the farmers and other business people among whom I grew up, about 2 hours from my current home, would fit in pretty well with Texans (outside of pockets of crazy in Austin or Houston or ...). Assuming those Texans didn't see the California license plates before getting to know them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 07:27:47 pm »
And it happening in a lot more states than California, every state that has a democrat majority does it, I see insanity in states like Montana that I thought it wouldn't happen, Texas is being turned bit by bit the same way California was, with growing democrat centers and influx of illegals. Hopefully states like Texas, Florida and other strong red states can resist so that someday I can have the freedoms back that California is stealing away.

I live in FL and gas prices right now are about $3.65/gal. If you pay in cash, some stations lower the price per gal by .10/gal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 07:48:00 pm »
It's worse for Kalifornia because they're state laws require a special gasoline blend that is only sold in Kalifornia, and is only made by a handful of refineries.

If Kalifornians don't like gasoline prices, they only have themselves to blame.  They keep re-electing the people that pass regulations that make gasoline more expensive in Kalifornia.
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is composed of appointed political hacks...and there is no requirement for them to have experience or background in science, energy or technology. Granted, they are appointed by the democrats, but it is CARB who creates these insane regulations.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 07:52:09 pm by SZonian »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 07:50:41 pm »
yes and california is lucky to have what, an extra .50 cents that the morons voted for above and beyond the gas tax? I don't know about other states but here we are plagued with morons that will vote for every stinking extra spending bill that comes up, for the children, for the environment, for infrastructure...didn't the democrats ram through billions of dollars for infrastructure back in Obamarammadingdong's residency? How is it that Pelosi didn't get California the lions share, or did she and it just went into democrat donors pockets to to be laundered and returned as campaign donations?
The rats ran a very good scare ad campaign to get that gas tax. Claimed it was going to hurt funding to "first responders" and used an actor dressed as a firefighter to get their "point" across.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 10:17:25 pm »
PeteS protests:

I had a brief conversation with a friend a while ago.
We both live in a deep blue state in southern New England.

I told him that to live here as a traditional-minded American, one must accept the reality that their vote will never count, and that by living where one does (and where we do) that one acquiesces to being ruled by the leftist/communists.

Same for you.
You are NEVER going to see common sense again where you live, Pete.
It's Kalifornia. It's never going to be part of "traditional America" again.
Better get used to that.

You have two choices.
Move to a red state...
or
Acquiesce.