Author Topic: Desperate Disney: CEO Says Company Will 'Quiet the Noise' of Woke Culture Push Amid Nearly $200 Bill  (Read 793 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Western Journal
Desperate Disney: CEO Says Company Will 'Quiet the Noise' of Woke Culture Push Amid Nearly $200 Billion Loss - But Will It?
Story by Laura Wellington •
12h

Iam an award-winning children’s television creator. I’ve won four Telly Awards, three Dove Foundation Awards, the Buzz Award and more, all for a show that shared traditional conservative values. The series ended up in the Christian marketplace in the U.S. because the values it taught didn’t match the values of mainstream children’s television. The business of children's entertainment has little to do with what’s good for kids. It has everything to do with money, followed by the left's narrative. What’s interesting is that, over the last few years, that narrative quietly crawled into the dominant position. Money took a backseat because companies like Disney were still making plenty of it. That is no longer happening. CEO Bob Iger understands this. It is the reason Disney brought him back, frankly -- to correct course given the financial turmoil Disney finds itself in today. It was prior CEO Bob Chapek who called Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to express his disapproval of the so-called "Don't Say Gay" bill, which actually protects young children from being exposed to the LGBT agenda and other inappropriate sexual material at school. That phenomenal mistake drew DeSantis' ire and placed Disney at the epicenter of the culture war, and it ultimately came at the cost of the company's self-governing status in Florida. The return of Iger was the only solution. With Disney having suffered a 56 percent market cap plunge resulting in losses of nearly $200 billion, Iger must answer to investors. Disney's "not-at-all-secret gay agenda" obviously isn't paying dividends or bolstering the bottom line. The new strategy, Iger told investors at a Tuesday meeting, is to "quiet the noise" and pull out of the culture war. “Our primary mission needs to be to entertain ... and to have a positive impact on the world,” Iger said during the meeting, according to Reuters. “I’m very serious about that. It should not be agenda-driven." The line Iger is walking is extremely thin. Flush with woke executives, writers and stars, the entertainment industry in which Disney is a leading player is attached at the hip to the LGBT movement. But Iger knows Disney can't survive on its current trajectory. He has no choice but to change course, at least temporarily, and rely on the public's short memory to get the Mouse House back on solid financial ground. Then Disney might begin rejoining the woke crowd, but much more stealthily than before. Leftists play the long game, and I am certain Iger can convince his woke employees that it is in their best interests to allow him to do what he was rehired to do. Therein lies the challenge for conservative parents and viewers. We cannot invite Mickey back into our homes only for him to arrive in a dress and lipstick. We must hold Disney's feet to the fire. The language Iger understands is spoken in dollar signs, and we need to use that language to make sure Disney eliminates woke messaging for good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/desperate-disney-ceo-says-company-will-quiet-the-noise-of-woke-culture-push-amid-nearly-200-billion-loss-but-will-it/ar-AA1h4Gjb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=df638cbc88b844fdab22e5e4120246bc&ei=28#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Damage is done.  You can't un-make movies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

A $200 Billion loss to appease a very small percentage of the population. The wokeness won't go away as there will always be the whackado's, but hopefully companies like Disney will no longer cater to them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

I'll believe it when Disney releases the original theatrical release of "Song of the South" on DVD or Blu-Ray.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I bet Disney wishes they could, especially their recent ones like the totally woke POS Snow White remake. If Walt had the Midas touch, then Iger has the Bandini touch. My wife and I wonder how long her brother will have a job, not that it's a tuff one, he has been handing out costumes at the Disney Resort Anaheim for close to 40 years so pay and benefit wise he's up there as far as lower park employees so just might be in line for Igers axe.. He won't be retirement age for like 7 years and has no real job or social skills **nononono*

Online GtHawk

A $200 Billion loss to appease a very small percentage of the population. The wokeness won't go away as there will always be the whackado's, but hopefully companies like Disney will no longer cater to them.
Well there may be plus in all this, there's a rumor Iger is looking to sell off ABC, who knows the wokeness might die a little there when they don't have Disney in charge. Depending of course on who buys them.

Offline roamer_1

No, but you can dump the woke crap you've made in the trash where it belongs, and restore the old stuff that has been taken out of the marketplace... That would be a good place to start. Disney made its billions being trustworthy... Moms can plop their kids in front of the boob tube, stick it on Disney, and know the kids are entertained without having to pay attention, so they can go get stuff done.

That is no longer true - and Moms have deemed it dangerous content that must be supervised - which they don't have time for... So its OFF. Sesame Street similarly.

That collective mom sense is exactly the size and magnitude of the redneck 'Oh hell no!'... And maybe more so. Pretty hard to come back from that and regain that trust.

Online Kamaji

No, but you can dump the woke crap you've made in the trash where it belongs, and restore the old stuff that has been taken out of the marketplace... That would be a good place to start. Disney made its billions being trustworthy... Moms can plop their kids in front of the boob tube, stick it on Disney, and know the kids are entertained without having to pay attention, so they can go get stuff done.

That is no longer true - and Moms have deemed it dangerous content that must be supervised - which they don't have time for... So its OFF. Sesame Street similarly.

That collective mom sense is exactly the size and magnitude of the redneck 'Oh hell no!'... And maybe more so. Pretty hard to come back from that and regain that trust.

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

The idiots at Disney haven't had a decent new idea in a very long time, their successes are destroying formerly successful franchises with wokeness and demanding everything has a strong female lean and reduced masculinity, also they have queerfied all their classic remakes.

Offline roamer_1

The idiots at Disney haven't had a decent new idea in a very long time, their successes are destroying formerly successful franchises with wokeness and demanding everything has a strong female lean and reduced masculinity, also they have queerfied all their classic remakes.

It boggles the mind... From a fiduciary standpoint, I mean... These old classics, so ubiquitous that I dare say there is no one here the does not know them by heart... Throw all that away - take that out of distribution - and rely on terrible replacements - and terrible, just from a cinematic perspective, not to mention the woke story line.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Go woke...

and bibbity bobbity boo!

...you're broke!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis