Author Topic: Girl Celebrating 7th Birthday Finds 2.95-Carat Diamond in State Park  (Read 591 times)

Online libertybele

Girl Celebrating 7th Birthday Finds 2.95-Carat Diamond in State Park

Whether she likes Disney Princesses or not, a 7-year-old girl was certainly celebrating her birthday like one after finding a 2.95-carat diamond on a hike in Arkansas.

Found in Crater of Diamonds State Park, located on the site of an extinct diamond volcano, it’s about the size of a green pea, golden brown in color, and without a single broken facet.

Aspen Brown and her father Luther went to the park in September for her birthday, several weeks after construction workers had dug out a 150-foot-long trench for infrastructure, which the Park Superintendent, Caleb Howell, said probably brought several tons of diamond-bearing material to the surface.

Dad Luther remembers the moment quite clearly, as it was a very warm day in the diamond search area.

“She (Aspen) got hot and wanted to sit down for a minute, so she walked over to some big rocks by the fence line,” Mr. Brown said according to a park statement. “Next thing I know, she was running to me, saying ‘Dad! Dad! I found one!’”

It’s the second-largest diamond found in the park this year, and was found close to where another large diamond, the 3.72-carat Caro Avenger, was discovered in 2019. The birthday girl decided to name it the “Aspen Diamond.”

A Google search for a diamond of that size in white shows they can cost anywhere from $12,000 to $50,000 polished and set.

“Aspen’s diamond has a golden-brown color and a sparkling luster. It is a complete crystal, with no broken facets and a small crevice on one side, created when the diamond was formed,” said Waymon Cox, assistant park superintendent. “It’s certainly one of the most beautiful diamonds I’ve seen in recent years.”.................

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/girl-celebrating-7th-birthday-finds-2-95-carat-diamond-in-state-park/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Girl Celebrating 7th Birthday Finds 2.95-Carat Diamond in State Park
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 10:32:58 pm »
Good start on the college fund.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Girl Celebrating 7th Birthday Finds 2.95-Carat Diamond in State Park
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 06:44:02 am »
Neat find!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis