Author Topic: ‘Enough Is Enough’: Over Two Dozen GOP Senators, House Lawmakers Say No More Funding for Ukraine  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Enough Is Enough’: Over Two Dozen GOP Senators, House Lawmakers Say No More Funding for Ukraine

Kristina Wong 21 Sep 2023

Nearly two dozen Republican senators and lawmakers said no more funding for Ukraine, just as the country’s president arrived in Washington, DC, to urge Congress to pass an additional $24 billion in aid that would bring total U.S. support to Ukraine to at least $135 billion since Ukraine’s war with Russia began.

Led by Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) and Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX), six senators and 23 House lawmakers wrote in a letter delivered to White House Office of Management and Budget Director Shalanda Young on Thursday:

The American people deserve to know what their money has gone to. How is the counteroffensive going? Are the Ukrainians any closer to victory than they were 6 months ago? What is our strategy, and what is the president’s exit plan? What does the administration define as victory in Ukraine? What assistance has the United States provided Ukraine under Title 10? It would be an absurd abdication of congressional responsibility to grant this request without knowing the answers to these questions. For these reasons—and certainly until we receive answers to the questions above and others forthcoming — we oppose the additional expenditure for war in Ukraine included in your request.

Vance said in a post that after a briefing on Ukraine by the Biden administration on Wednesday, it “became clear that America is being asked to fund an indefinite conflict with unlimited resources.”

“Enough is enough,” he posted. “To these and future requests, my colleagues and I say: NO.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/21/enough-enough-two-dozen-gop-senators-house-lawmakers-say-no-more-funding-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Where is the money going?

If we are sending weapons and ammunition to Ukraine, is the cost of those weapons being sent through either the military for the replacements for those weapons, to the Defense contractors to replace those weapons, or directly to Ukraine to purchase those weapons (and whatever else)?

I can sorta see reimbursing the US military for the cost of weapons sent to Ukraine, for the purpose of purchasing the newer systems which will replace those weapons.

In that case, Ukraine aid would actually be buying us new weapons and keeping the defense industry humming along building those, while the aging ammunition, and formerly cutting edge weapons systems were sent to Ukraine, sort of a back door weapons manufacturing program for us.

If however, that isn't the way this is working, that a significant portion of that money isn't going, in a roundabout fashion, to bolster our own defense with the latest systems and fresh ammo, the question is one of where the money is going.

That needs to be answered.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Vance said in a post that after a briefing on Ukraine by the Biden administration on Wednesday, it “became clear that America is being asked to fund an indefinite conflict with unlimited resources.”

“Enough is enough,” he posted. “To these and future requests, my colleagues and I say: NO.”

:hands: :hands:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Blowing smoke up you know where!  DONCHA?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:55:52 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Breaking News
@BreakingNews
President Biden announces $325 million military aid package during a White House meeting with Ukrainian President Zelenskyy.

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1704976606282838524
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
2 dozen out of 535 isn't going to make any difference. 

And now watch the MSM, dims, and RINOS start their Putin stooge accusations toward them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Joe Concha
@JoeConchaTV
President who wouldn't visit East Palestine, Ohio after its air and water was contaminated following a toxic train derailment does an end zone dance over providing clean water for another country.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1704955257879482557
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Where is the money going?

If we are sending weapons and ammunition to Ukraine, is the cost of those weapons being sent through either the military for the replacements for those weapons, to the Defense contractors to replace those weapons, or directly to Ukraine to purchase those weapons (and whatever else)?

I can sorta see reimbursing the US military for the cost of weapons sent to Ukraine, for the purpose of purchasing the newer systems which will replace those weapons.

In that case, Ukraine aid would actually be buying us new weapons and keeping the defense industry humming along building those, while the aging ammunition, and formerly cutting edge weapons systems were sent to Ukraine, sort of a back door weapons manufacturing program for us.

If however, that isn't the way this is working, that a significant portion of that money isn't going, in a roundabout fashion, to bolster our own defense with the latest systems and fresh ammo, the question is one of where the money is going.

That needs to be answered.

Zellinsky comes out like a bandit to the tune of $325M, while the pour souls in Lahaina, East Palestine Ohio, and the Hurricane Idalia victims in FL wonder how quickly their lives will be restored.

**nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Zelensky will never stop grifting JoePedo for hush money for whatever the Bidens were and are doing in Ukraine.
The Republic is lost.