Author Topic: Jobless Claims Plunge by 20,000 to 201,000, Challenging Fed’s View of Labor Market as Softening  (Read 447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jobless Claims Plunge by 20,000 to 201,000, Challenging Fed’s View of Labor Market as Softening

John Carney 21 Sep 2023

Applications for unemployment benefits in the U.S. fell to the lowest level since January, a level so low that it challenges the notion that supply and demand conditions in the labor market were reaching a better balance.

Initial jobless claims dropped by 20,000 to 201,000 in the week that ended on Wednesday, September 16, the Labor Department said Thursday.

Claims have fallen in five out of the last six weeks, indicating that employers are keeping workers on payrolls as consumer demand has held up much better than expected and the economy appears to be growing at the fastest pace of the year.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/09/21/jobless-claims-plunge-by-20000-to-201000-challenging-feds-view-of-labor-market-as-softening/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Fed wants to drive the economy off a cliff in time for Biden's 2024 re-election campaign.

What will be the next Black Swan event to precipitate deflationary contagion across multiple layers of counter-parties?

Earlier this year, banks were in trouble because the dropping mark-to-market value of 30 year Treasury Bonds was making them technically insolvent.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So, 20,000 people either used up their benefits or simply quit looking for work. BFD!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

I have yet to run into any business that is not hurting for labor. And it isn’t just medical staff at the hospital.

It’s a common complaint I hear everywhere.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy