Author Topic: $2.8 billion Prosper ISD bond includes $94 million stadium  (Read 626 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
$2.8 billion Prosper ISD bond includes $94 million stadium
« on: September 21, 2023, 02:33:25 pm »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/2-8-billion-prosper-isd-bond-includes-94-million-stadium/3343140/

<snipit>
Prosper is a city in Collin and Denton counties that is seeing growth.

"It has seen a ton of growth in just the last year, year and a half that we've lived here," Prosper resident Angela Dick said.

That growth is exactly why Prosper ISD put a $2.8 billion bond package on the November election. The district says it's enrolling nearly 3,000 new students each year.

"Makes me feel good,” Dick said. “It makes me feel like my kids are going to get the latest and greatest technology, so I can't say it's going to be a bad thing."

Technology improvements are among four items, including schools, athletics, and fine arts. Under the athletics tag is a new $94 million stadium.

According to our news partner, the Dallas Morning News, it would be Texas's most expensive high school stadium.
===============================================================================

I know we are the Home of Friday Night Lights, and HS Football a sacred institution.....   But $94M???

Comments?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: $2.8 billion Prosper ISD bond includes $94 million stadium
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 02:45:07 pm »
Texas is composed of 254 counties and has more than 1300 public school districts. The superintendents  of more than 100 of those districts have salaries that exceed that of the Texas Governor.

NOTHING those people do should come as a surprise to anyone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 09:27:50 pm »
Yup...this is insanity!  We just built 50 yard indoor practice facilities for each of our 2 High Schools at millions of dollars each.  It's past the point of ridiculous.  I'm looking forward to locking in my property taxes when I hit 65 and they can spend all they want then.

I don't know about your county/district, but mine only allows freezing on muni-taxes and not schools.  Made a trip up to my court house recently to find out why this >65 geezer's taxes went up.  Man was I pissed.

Read the fine print......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 09:40:48 pm »
New high schools in Mass cost over $100 Million each.  It's insane, but ... it's for the children.

////00000////

In a stroke of genius, the ISD waited for Interest Rates to rise before floating the bond offering. 

Wow, what are the math scores in that district?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:42:33 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.