Author Topic: Pot stench, vagrants and a failing city — there’s too much rot in NYC  (Read 534 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Pot stench, vagrants and a failing city — there’s too much rot in NYC
Opinion by Cindy Adams

10h

New York, New York, a once helluva town. Not now.

East Side, West Side, all around the town: Pot smells. Vagrants lying on the sidewalk. Females in shorts so short you can see remains of their food. Trash wherever. Roaches, rats. Empty stores. Others boarded up. Taxes, prices, everything more expensive. Facing charges, a Long Island admitted liar wants re-election to Congress. Bicyclists, coming the wrong way, hitting law-abiding citizens — like me. Schools overwhelmed, understaffed.

Human beings who don’t speak English, no money, zero allegiance to our country, have unexamined backgrounds, can even be unhealthy, in some cases transport drugs, plus in some cases lifestyles and streets now so dangerous we fear walking out alone. Residents relocating. Limited school buses, vagrants/sickos/mentally ill have harmed people so there’s fear entering certain areas, Broadway’s on life support, plus officials who let cop killers walk free.

It’s a flee market
Rents sky high, guns everywhere, knives everywhere else, killings and stabbings daily ­occurrences, anti-Semitism, churches empty, buildings empty, Biden doesn’t know where he is, Kamala doesn’t know where the border is. There’s less police and don’t let’s even mention mass transit. Theaters are shut, department stores empty, English becoming a second language, traffic impassable, cost of living a struggle, health care issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/pot-stench-vagrants-and-a-failing-city-there-s-too-much-rot-in-nyc/ar-AA1h1ty4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=66f6c0d4c684497d87dffd9afbc856fc&ei=37
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pot stench, vagrants and a failing city — there’s too much rot in NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 01:29:02 pm »
It still has a ways to go before it hits the depths plumbed in the 1970s with Dinkins.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 10:10:14 pm »
Kamaji:
"It still has a ways to go before it hits the depths plumbed in the 1970s with Dinkins"

No. Not really.

I was THERE during Dinkins, Beame, Koch -- working at Oak Point Yard in the South Bronx, of all places. It could be so wild that the hookers were actually walking naked in the streets (this is not exaggeration).

At least back then, there was a semblance of a functioning NYPD.
And although there were criminals in the streets, they weren't yet full of "protected persons" (illegal immigrants) who the law almost cannot touch.

What I find most interesting about the above piece is WHERE it is sourced.
Can even the leftist media be reaching the point where reality is impossible to disguise any longer...?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 05:21:37 pm »
Kamaji:
"It still has a ways to go before it hits the depths plumbed in the 1970s with Dinkins"

No. Not really.

I was THERE during Dinkins, Beame, Koch -- working at Oak Point Yard in the South Bronx, of all places. It could be so wild that the hookers were actually walking naked in the streets (this is not exaggeration).

At least back then, there was a semblance of a functioning NYPD.
And although there were criminals in the streets, they weren't yet full of "protected persons" (illegal immigrants) who the law almost cannot touch.

What I find most interesting about the above piece is WHERE it is sourced.
Can even the leftist media be reaching the point where reality is impossible to disguise any longer...?

Yes, really.  It has a ways to go still.