Author Topic: Opinions on AMAC, other senior-citizen retirement organizations?  (Read 585 times)

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Opinions on AMAC, other senior-citizen retirement organizations?
« on: September 21, 2023, 12:41:01 am »
Now that we're the age (I myself may not quite be there), I'm curious about retirement organizations.

We all hate AARP.

My mother has AMAC and proselytizes about it every chance she gets to us.

I don't mind AMAC, I'm sure, but when all this started becoming a big discussion about alternatives to AARP a few years back, I could swear there were a few other groups out there pushing themselves as alternatives, with ad campaigns and so on.  But I can't remember what they were.

What do you think of AMAC?

Do you know of other alternatives and what are they like?

Please help!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline libertybele

Re: Opinions on AMAC, other senior-citizen retirement organizations?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 01:07:57 am »
I've been a member of AMAC off and on and honestly we've never used any of their benefits. Some years I don't even bother to renew the membership.  Other than supposedly helping them to support conservative businesses and causes, that's really the only reason I joined and to also help offset the number of AARP members. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Re: Opinions on AMAC, other senior-citizen retirement organizations?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 11:08:03 am »
Thanks!  I am aware of their magazine which my mother loves.  And is obviously blatantly conservative.

BTW, mom doesn’t use the benefits either, but that’s because she’s a hermit and only goes out of the house to get her hair done.  Obviously happy to support conservative organizations.   happy77
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.