Author Topic: Disney to ‘quiet the noise’ in culture wars amid Ron DeSantis feud: Bob Iger  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Kamaji

Disney to ‘quiet the noise’ in culture wars amid Ron DeSantis feud: Bob Iger

By Reuters
Published Sep. 20, 2023

Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger told investors the company will “quiet the noise” in a culture war that has pitted social conservatives against the global media and entertainment conglomerate, according to an analyst note on Wednesday.

Iger’s brief statement, included in an analyst report from Needham media analyst Laura Martin, was part of an investors’ presentation on Tuesday at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, in which the CEO also announced Disney will double its investment in theme parks and cruise ships over the next decade.

Disney has suffered a bruising battle that has played out in Florida and at box office, where it faced social media backlash over the casting of Halle Bailey, a black actress, in the lead role of Ariel in “The Little Mermaid.”

Several countries last year blocked the release of the Pixar Animation Studios film “Lightyear,” which depicts a same-sex couple sharing a brief kiss.

The entertainment company was thrust at the center of the nation’s culture wars in 2022, when it publicly criticized Florida legislation restricting classroom discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/bob-iger-says-disney-will-quiet-the-noise-in-culture-wars-analyst/

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Winning!

It is so very important to build conservatism from the ground up -- school boards, mayors, sheriffs, supervisor of elections, legislators, etc.  IMHO this is the only way that conservatives have a shot at taking back our country.

Though some small strides are being made in FL, it's going to take conservative governors with conservative state legislators throughout the country to make changes to what is being experienced.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

It is so very important to build conservatism from the ground up -- school boards, mayors, sheriffs, supervisor of elections, legislators, etc.  IMHO this is the only way that conservatives have a shot at taking back our country.

Though some small strides are being made in FL, it's going to take conservative governors with conservative state legislators throughout the country to make changes to what is being experienced.

@libertybele Agree completely!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You guys believe Iger?  I don't, but we'll see.

I don't think Disney can let go of the LGBTQWERTY++ tiger's tail.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You guys believe Iger?  I don't, but we'll see.

I don't think Disney can let go of the LGBTQWERTY++ tiger's tail.

He is shitting his pants.  He may be a lying piece of woke shit.  We will see.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Too late now... Go ahead Iger... Try to pay off that Hulu debt without any income from movies or theme parks.

Get woke, go  broke. Even AB Butt Light. Even Disney.

Try to get Moms back... You blew their trust, and it won't come back easy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Too late now... Go ahead Iger... Try to pay off that Hulu debt without any income from movies or theme parks.

Get woke, go  broke. Even AB Butt Light. Even Disney.

Try to get Moms back... You blew their trust, and it won't come back easy.

Iger has Executives that will resist any attempt to return to the old Disney, and will lie to him to keep their Projects to encourage the Trannies funded.  The Press will report this favorably.  I don't think Iger has the stomach to do much more than make promises like this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Iger has Executives that will resist any attempt to return to the old Disney, and will lie to him to keep their Projects to encourage the Trannies funded.  The Press will report this favorably.  I don't think Iger has the stomach to do much more than make promises like this.

Then Disney is Dead Man Walking, along with all their jobs.

ESG is dead, Corporate is in mortal fear of what happened to these people. Next year, I bet the month long Trannyversary won't be showing many rainbow flags. And Disney may be nothing but a brand.

Offline PeteS in CA

How freaking hard is it to shut up, entertain people, keep equipment safe, and keep out riff-raff?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline cato potatoe

How freaking hard is it to shut up, entertain people, keep equipment safe, and keep out riff-raff?!

With today's leadership, Disney is incapable of doing what made the company successful.  The "woke" culture has to be stifling for any creative person.  I keep hoping the company gets acquired by a group of investors who will clean house.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Corporations - keep your mouths shut, and keep increasing shareholder value and return - like you're supposed to.

I don't need the makers of my toilet paper to be virtue-signaling on Nonsense.

////00000////

If some consenting adults feel the need to cut off their tallywhackers and get breast implants, go for it.  I don't need to hear about it, nor should I have to pay for it.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.