Author Topic: 5 Dangerous U.S. Cities You Couldn’t Pay Me To Live In  (Read 416 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
5 Dangerous U.S. Cities You Couldn’t Pay Me To Live In
« on: September 20, 2023, 07:20:08 pm »

Story by Steve Adcock •
3h

Ilove living in the United States, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t dangerous places. In fact, there are five cities you couldn’t pay me to live in for various reasons.

While crime rates have been on a general decline over the past few decades, there are still cities where crime remains a pervasive issue. In this article, we will examine the five most dangerous cities in the United States, exploring the factors contributing to their high crime rates and the efforts to combat this issue.

Here are 5 U.S. cities with high crime:

1. St. Louis, Missouri:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/5-dangerous-u-s-cities-you-couldn-t-pay-me-to-live-in/ar-AA1h0rs4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9822fff762e042798644a35e142429d3&ei=112
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 5 Dangerous U.S. Cities You Couldn’t Pay Me To Live In
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 09:07:22 pm »
2. Memphis TN
3. Baltimore MD
4. Detroit MI
5. Oakland CA

Hmmmm... these cities all have something in common.
What is it ...?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 09:38:26 pm »
2. Memphis TN
3. Baltimore MD
4. Detroit MI
5. Oakland CA

What is it ...?

Blue just isn't my color ... lol

We visited Memphis about 20 years (time flies) ago on a group tour and were told to be back in our hotel rooms before dark.  However, we ate at a run down old restaurant (sloped and warped floors) but hands down the best darn bbque I've ever eaten. Sidewalk jazz and blues musicians and numerous artists lined the streets. It was an interesting experience.

Same tour -- we also visit St. Louis and the famous arches, again, we were told to be back in our hotel rooms before dark. I wasn't impressed with anything in the area.

Detroit, is sad.  We lived in the burbs and visited off and on. I'm glad we got to experience the city when it was still somewhat viable; museums, concert halls, old theaters, Greek Town, farmer's market, Stroh's brewery, etc., and the architecture inside some of the older buildings was absolutely beautiful with marble slab floors. It's for the most part all torn down ... oh... and now, not too far off in the distance a call for Muslim worship can be heard.  Sigh.

I've never been to the other cities, and I highly, highly doubt that we'll visit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 09:43:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 10:25:15 pm »
2. Memphis TN
3. Baltimore MD
4. Detroit MI
5. Oakland CA

What is it ...?

They all have huge Amish Communities?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 12:30:56 am »

Story by Steve Adcock •
3h

Ilove living in the United States, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t dangerous places. In fact, there are five cities you couldn’t pay me to live in for various reasons.

While crime rates have been on a general decline over the past few decades, there are still cities where crime remains a pervasive issue. In this article, we will examine the five most dangerous cities in the United States, exploring the factors contributing to their high crime rates and the efforts to combat this issue.

Here are 5 U.S. cities with high crime:

1. St. Louis, Missouri:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/5-dangerous-u-s-cities-you-couldn-t-pay-me-to-live-in/ar-AA1h0rs4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9822fff762e042798644a35e142429d3&ei=112
"1. St. Louis, Missouri:"

About five years ago the wife and attended a nephew's wedding and reception in St Louis.  The reception was held in downtown St. Louis. We parked our car in a parking garage about one block away. To say that we were a little nervous after the festivities ended about 10:00 p.m. is a bit of an understatement. We left the building and hustled to the parking garage and made a quick getaway.
We made it to our hotel about thirteen miles away on the outskirts of St. Louis and breathed a sigh of relief. The next day on the internet I read about a robbery and shooting just down the block from our hotel.
Maybe there are nice areas of St. Louis, but we don't want to be around there too long to find out.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 12:36:07 am »
Same tour -- we also visit St. Louis and the famous arches, again, we were told to be back in our hotel rooms before dark. I wasn't impressed with anything in the area.

I understand tourists are being steered away from the Arch these days...too dangerous.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: