Author Topic: Major Car Maker Lost an Astonishing Amount of Money on Electric Vehicles  (Read 616 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Major Car Maker Lost an Astonishing Amount of Money on Electric Vehicles

Katie Pavlich
September 20, 2023 12:00 PM

The Biden administration continues to implement burdensome regulations through the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy to force car companies into producing electric vehicles. Those mandates are taking an enormous toll on the bottom line, causing Ford alone to lose $4.5 billion to comply -- that's a $60,000 loss per car produced.

"Ford Motor Company announced it is projected to lose a whopping $4.5 billion from electric vehicles (EVs) this year, up from the previous projected loss of $3 billion," Fox Business reports. "The company released its second-quarter financial results on Thursday. The U.S.-based automaker's EV division, called "Ford Model e," has lost $1.8 billion so far this year."

With the massive losses, there's no doubt the Biden administration will argue taxpayers should further subsidize the loss and continue to comply with Biden's climate agenda. In fact, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean Pierre recently touted subsidies from the "Inflation Reduction Act" while falsely claiming they have made electric vehicles more affordable.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2023/09/20/ford-to-lose-an-astonishing-amount-of-money-on-electric-cars-n2628679
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Major Car Maker Lost an Astonishing Amount of Money on Electric Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 06:43:29 pm »
Central Government planning did work for Stalin, Mao, and is not working well for Xi.

What would make it different this time?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Major Car Maker Lost an Astonishing Amount of Money on Electric Vehicles
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 09:38:37 pm »
Yet at the same time, both the United Auto Workers union and the administration decry the industry's massive "profits"...