Author Topic: San Francisco Hits Record Overdose Deaths; 3 per Day from Fentanyl  (Read 693 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Francisco Hits Record Overdose Deaths; 3 per Day from Fentanyl
« on: September 20, 2023, 04:46:07 pm »
San Francisco Hits Record Overdose Deaths; 3 per Day from Fentanyl

JOEL B. POLLAK19 Sep 20231,597

San Francisco recorded more overdose deaths in August 2023 than in any other month since records started being kept in 2020, a sign of the city’s continuing struggles with drug abuse and the opioid pandemic on its streets.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported:

The number of overdose deaths in San Francisco jumped up yet again in August — to 84 from 74 in July — tying January as the single deadliest month for overdoses since the city started tracking these deaths in the beginning of 2020.

At the current pace, San Francisco is on track to see 845 overdose fatalities this year, topping 2020’s 725 deaths.

The numbers underscore how San Francisco officials continue to struggle to address the devastation of fentanyl on the city’s streets — a crisis that Health Director Dr. Grant Colfax called “distressing.” The last figures indicate people are dying from fentanyl overdoses at a rate of nearly three people a day.

The record number of overdose deaths comes despite some effort by city and state officials to control the fentanyl scourge.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/19/san-francisco-hits-record-overdose-deaths-3-per-day-from-fentanyl/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: San Francisco Hits Record Overdose Deaths; 3 per Day from Fentanyl
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 04:12:14 pm »
Citizenj17 ✝️🇺🇸
@citizenj17
Outside Nancy Pelosi Federal Building in San Francisco at Mission and 7th. Rotting leg and crack pipe.

4:10 PM · Oct 26, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 04:31:27 pm »
It is sad that apathetic liberal politians are allowing this human suffering to perpetuate.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 10:09:58 pm »
With just some 25,000 IV drug users in San Francisco, it will only take 23 years for the existing ones to kill themselves off at that rate. (That doesn't account for those who end up in rehab or new users in that time frame, nor does it account for death from other causes. )
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis