Author Topic: Republicans lose ground as Democrats win seats in pivotal statehouses  (Read 622 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans lose ground as Democrats win seats in pivotal statehouses
Jack Birle

September 20, 2023 08:39 AM

Republicans in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania suffered losses in House special elections, putting the party's majority in one of the statehouses in danger.

New Hampshire Democrat Hal Rafter defeated Republican James Guzofski in the special election in Rockingham County District 1 on Tuesday, flipping a seat held by a Republican who resigned in April. The loss on Tuesday night, combined with losses in the 2022 elections, means the GOP only holds a 198-197 advantage over Democrats in the statehouse.

WITH NO CLEAR PATH TO AVOID A SHUTDOWN, HOUSE REPUBLICANS' INTERNAL TENSIONS SPEW INTO THE PUBLIC

The district, which voted for Trump 49.1% to 48.7% in 2020, voted for Rafter over Guzofski 55.9% to 44.1%, a margin of 331 votes. Republicans hold a trifecta in the Granite State, having a majority in the state House and state Senate, along with holding the governor's mansion.

Republicans in Pennsylvania also suffered a special election loss, which means they will continue to operate in the minority in the statehouse. Democrat Lindsay Powell easily defeated Republican Erin Connolly Autenreith in the heavily Democratic district, keeping the Democrats' slim majority at 102-101. The GOP lost 12 seats in the Pennsylvania Statehouse in the 2022 elections, leading to Democratic control of the chamber for the first time in 12 years.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-lose-ground-democrats-win-seats-pivotal-statehouses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Republicans lose ground as Democrats win seats in pivotal statehouses
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 01:46:32 pm »
I live in Rockingham county, had no idea there was an election yesterday though.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 03:21:02 pm »
I am predicting that after the 2024 Election, the Dems will be in charge of both Houses in AZ.  The State Chairman has declared war on the Precinct Committeemen, replacing them with RINOs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 03:21:14 pm »
Democrat Lindsay Powell easily defeated Republican Erin Connolly Autenreith in the heavily Democratic district, keeping the Democrats' slim majority at 102-101.
This was no surprise. The seat for which they were vying was held previously by a communist who's currently running for another post.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 12:46:52 pm »
Despite a cognitively declined president, with an inept, ineffective, and incompetent vice president, and the economy and the state of the nation the way it is, Democrats have been on a winning streak

This does not bode well for 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 12:58:49 pm »
Despite a cognitively declined president, with an inept, ineffective, and incompetent vice president, and the economy and the state of the nation the way it is, Democrats have been on a winning streak

This does not bode well for 2024

No. Plus pessimism is a more pleasant outcome than being crushed by disappointment, and frankly is more expected with the GOP.