Author Topic: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has decided to ban Berkey water filters, officially labelin  (Read 713 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Highly corrupt EPA literally just BANNED sales of Berkey water filters, calling them “pesticides”
09/19/2023 // S.D. Wells // 2.1K Views

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has decided to ban Berkey water filters, officially labeling them as pesticides. Berkey has sued the EPA in response to their sudden and unorthodox

reinterpretation of their own regulations. Berkey water filters are regarded by many as some of the best filters money can buy, and several of Berkey’s products have been featured on Good Morning America, Martha Stewart, Food Network, Thrillist, Goop and Forbes. Berkey products, which have been on the market for a quarter century, became popular due to their gravity purifier and filtering elements that can remove hundreds of waterborne pathogens and contaminants.

According to Berkey’s website, their products can “dramatically reduce bacteria like E. coli, Chlorine, Chloramines, Parasites, Fluoride, Heavy Metals, Inorganic Minerals, Trihalomethane (THMs), Pharmaceuticals, Petroleum Contaminants, Bisphenol-A (BPA), Perfluorochemicals (PFOAS), Herbicides & Pesticides, Protozoa, Inorganic minerals, VOCs, Petroleum products, Perfluorinated chemicals, Rust, Silt, Sediment, and even Radiological.”

One of the main elements in Berkey water filters that contributes to their successful purification is silver. Silver is an active ingredient in many pesticides, thus partly explaining the EPA’s decision to label Berkey as such. However, there were several decisions made by the EPA before this nonsensical label that shed greater light on their true intentions.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-09-19-highly-corrupt-epa-just-banned-berkey-filters.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I really wonder what the politcal affilation of Berkey Filters are.

And honestly, I have first hand experience of the corruptness of the EPA.  No surprise.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Family-owned company from Pueblo, Colo.
Green Matters
Are Berkey Water Filters Safe to Use? Find out All About the Berkey Lawsuit
Story by Kate Underwood • 2w

Since water purity and safety are important for your overall health, you may have investigated various water filters. One popular form of water filtration to remove contaminants is the Berkey water filtering system, but a Berkey lawsuit claims that those products don't work as advertised.

What does the lawsuit say about this company? Can consumers seeking purified water trust a Big Berkey water filtration system? Find out how the lawsuit started and what's happening in 2023.

According to BerkeyFilters.com, the manufacturer of Berkey filters, New Millennium Concepts (NMCL), is the company named in the Berkey lawsuit. The lawsuit, filed in late 2022, is a class action suit claiming that Black Berkey filtering products do not perform as advertised.  ...

According to the NMCL statement, the plaintiffs aren't alleging any physical harm or adverse health effects from using a Berkey filter. Instead, the lawsuit claims Berkey filtration systems are "nothing more than an empty can or plastic bottle."  ...

In August 2023, NMCL filed its own lawsuit against the U.S. EPA to stop the environmental group from classifying Berkey filters as pesticides. According to court documents, the EPA suddenly decided in 2022 that the plaintiffs NMCL and James Shepherd, owner of Berkey Water Systems, had to register their filters as a "pesticide device" and then a "pesticide."

Berkey stated that its filters aren't harmful, and the EPA's ruling will mean Berkey filter owners must turn to knockoff or counterfeit filters. It said, "The EPA's decision to persecute the market leader may well cause actual damage to the American people who the EPA is supposed to be protecting." ...
Full story posted at MSN
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It should be easy enough to quantify the filtration effects, simply by measuring the before and after content of the water.

Claims that the filters do little or nothing could be substantiated by real data.

Everyone I know who has used these swears by them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
This makes no sense!   **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Online roamer_1

Makes you wonder what they're fixin to put in the water...  :whistle:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Project Farm's test...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0ioX6GSz0

Same video but filtered and private (link below)

https://invidious.asir.dev/watch?v=ja0ioX6GSz0

Read some test pages and they say Berkey tends to leave aluminum parts in the water (aluminum is used to rid/capture other harmful elements, but aluminum is not great to drink also). So Berkey can do pretty good job on filtering, while also polluting (pick your poison). 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 07:49:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....