Author Topic: White House hammers upcoming Biden impeachment inquiry hearing as 'evidence-free' stunt  (Read 525 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House hammers upcoming Biden impeachment inquiry hearing as 'evidence-free' stunt
The first House impeachment inquiry hearing is set for Sept. 28, two days before the government runs out of funding
 By Brooke Singman Fox News
Published September 19, 2023 12:05pm EDT | Updated September 19, 2023 12:13pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: The White House is blasting House Republicans for planning to hold their first hearing as part of the impeachment inquiry against President Biden just days before the government runs out of funding, while dismissing the "evidence-free" probe as a "political stunt."

House Republicans are set to hold their first impeachment inquiry hearing to investigate allegations of corruption and abuse of power against Biden on Thursday, Sept. 28.

But the White House is casting the hearing as a distraction. Congress is currently negotiating a continuing resolution to extend the current year’s funding, but without passing a deal by Sept. 30, they risk sending the government into a partial shutdown.

"Extreme House Republicans are already telegraphing their plans to try to distract from their own chaotic inability to govern and the impact of it on the country," White House spokesperson Ian Sams told Fox News Digital.

"Staging a political stunt hearing in the waning days before they shut down the government reveals their true priorities: to them, baseless personal attacks on President Biden are more important than preventing a government shutdown and the pain it would inflict on American families," Sams said.

If the government does run out of funding, the White House signaled to Fox News Digital it would blame Republicans.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-biden-impeachment-inquiry-hearing-evidence-free-stunt-shutdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... but will it be "evidence-free" when it's completed?

Congressional nothing burgers don't draw this much White House attention.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.