Author Topic: 'Body Positivity' Is Literally Killing People, Science Finds  (Read 316 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Body Positivity' Is Literally Killing People, Science Finds
« on: September 19, 2023, 02:13:35 pm »
'Body Positivity' Is Literally Killing People, Science Finds
No, this isn't healthy

Andrew Stiles
September 18, 2023

What happened: The number of heart disease deaths in the United States linked to obesity was three times greater in 2020 than in 1999—even though overall heart disease deaths declined nearly 20 percent during that period—according to a new scientific study.

• Obesity affects about 115 million Americans, including 42 percent of adults and 20 percent of children, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

Why it matters: The alarming scientific findings coincide with the rise of the left-wing "body positivity" movement, which seeks to achieve social justice by celebrating fatness and attacking critics for pointing out the enormous health risks associated with obesity.

https://freebeacon.com/culture/body-positivity-is-literally-killing-people-science-finds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson