Author Topic: The Bay Area is still struggling to recover from 'defund the police' (now they're hoping Texas can h  (Read 344 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Bay Area is still struggling to recover from 'defund the police' (now they're hoping Texas can help)
JOHN SEXTON 9:20 PM on September 18, 2023

The Bay Area is still struggling to recover from 'defund the police' (now they're hoping Texas can help)
Three years after “defund the police” became a BLM rallying cry, San Francisco and other Bay Area cities are still trying to recover from the brief popularity that phrase once had with mayors and city councils. San Francisco is still down hundreds of police officers and has come up with a new plan to attract more recruits: Go to Texas.

The San Francisco Police Department is visiting four Texas university campuses through September as part of new recruiting efforts to find candidates outside of California.

For the first time, police officer candidates will be tested outside of California, with a written test, a physical ability test and an oral interview.

An announcement was made on X a couple weeks ago.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/09/18/the-bay-area-is-still-struggling-to-recover-from-defund-the-police-now-theyre-hoping-texas-can-help-n578984
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What poetic justice!!! :mauslaff:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson