Author Topic: Xi’s Leadership Is in Crisis; Now Is the Time to Act  (Read 908 times)

Offline Kamaji

Xi’s Leadership Is in Crisis; Now Is the Time to Act
« on: September 19, 2023, 12:54:45 pm »
Xi’s Leadership Is in Crisis; Now Is the Time to Act

This window of opportunity to evict the CCP from power will soon close

By James E. Fanell and Bradley A. Thayer
September 18, 2023

There is a growing body of evidence that indicates the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leadership is in freefall. If true, this makes Xi Jinping more dangerous as it increases the likelihood of an attack against Taiwan. It also means Xi’s regime, the CCP, is extremely vulnerable to pressure from America, and the rest of the free world, to evict them from power.

The XI and CCP face a deeper problem than the lasting economic downturn in China and myriad of social problems the Chinese regime confronts—problems that cannot be papered over by Xi’s prominence at the BRICS meeting or at any other international fora. The Chinese regime’s problems are multiple and are the result of a fundamental cause—communism. As such, the Communist Chinese regime is illegitimate and is in a lasting and insuperable legitimation crisis.

The leadership is in crisis for two major reasons:

First, it is precisely because the CCP’s ideology is illegitimate. The CCP is an illegitimate polity for China as perceived by the diaspora, free intellectuals and media, and the clear majority of the Chinese people. This is primarily because its ideology, Marxism-Leninism, is divorced from China’s history, civilization, and political culture—the framework for legitimacy for a regime, which strengthens and validates it. The cause of this illegitimacy is the Marxist-Leninist ideology of the Chinese regime. This communist ideology is a bankrupt one that advances a failed model of totalitarian control over the people of China, and which is divorced from the traditional Chinese governing principles. This ideological tension has the potential to cause a legitimation crisis in China that will lead to the Party’s overthrow.

The CCP’s illegitimacy also generates great insecurity for Xi and the current CCP leadership, as well as opening an avenue to the CCP’s fall. Xi is destined to fail so long as China is ruled by an imported Western ideology—communism.

Second, a feature of Communism is that no ruler is secure. Xi is no exception. Xi’s rule is under constant, and great, pressure and might be on the cusp of collapsing. For instance, the public purging of senior officials is well underway. From the humiliation of former communist leader Hu Jintao at the 20th Party Congress in October 2022 that started this public unraveling, to the July, disappearances of foreign minister Qin Gang and the head of the Strategic Rocket Force.  Now, this month the PRC’s defense minister Li Shangfu has disappeared after he abruptly left a meeting with Vietnamese defense officials. Other senior military officers have also fallen victim to accusations of corruption as Xi’s anti-corruption campaign eliminates rivals and deepens his control.

The implications for the world and U.S. national security are dire. As the threat to the CCP regime deeps, Xi’s paranoia will lead to an ever broadening of purges, this placing him more and more at odds with the communist bureaucracy. Inevitably, these actions cannot assuage his fear of assassination or overthrow. Given Xi’s decade long program to “reunify” Taiwan, it seems likely that he may be looking to generate a crisis or war, very likely an attack against Taiwan, to shore up his rule. This means the danger to Taiwan is even more immediate and dire due to Xi and the CCP regime’s instability—as well as America’s forward deployed forces that are undoubtedly on the People’s Liberation Army’s target list.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2023/09/18/xis-leadership-is-in-crisis-now-is-the-time-to-act/

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Xi’s Leadership Is in Crisis; Now Is the Time to Act
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 04:26:46 pm »
Things are not well in China, but I don't know if Xi is stupid enough to start a war to create a Diversion.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 05:15:02 pm »
When despots have domestic problems, they prefer the people focus on the foreign "enemies".

Why limit the Chi-com takeover to just Taiwan?

Today's Communist China resembles the Japan of the 1930s.  They want to free themselves from dependence on Western nations for resources.

Xi wants to restore China to the height of its geographic influence in the late 18th Century Q'ing dynasty.

He could invade Vietnam on land to obtain coastal territory and navy bases on the South China Sea.  He would not have to confront the US Navy directly.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 05:40:08 pm »
Thing is I'm not sure the economic MAD between us and them exists anymore. They are 40 million plus workers short of producing what they need to satisfy demand, cutting us off or at least putting us last place would deal with alot of that.

Taking Taiwan would completely cripple us and solve that problem as well, and would have the side benefit of less demand for resources, lowering prices for them, and knocking the dollar to the sidelines.

And there doesn't need to be a unified BRICS currency. Now they are talking about nations creating their digital currencies and creating an exchange for trade. A single currency could come later much like the Euro.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 05:46:11 pm »
 :bkmk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 06:41:13 pm »
Thing is I'm not sure the economic MAD between us and them exists anymore. They are 40 million plus workers short of producing what they need to satisfy demand, cutting us off or at least putting us last place would deal with alot of that.

Taking Taiwan would completely cripple us and solve that problem as well, and would have the side benefit of less demand for resources, lowering prices for them, and knocking the dollar to the sidelines.

And there doesn't need to be a unified BRICS currency. Now they are talking about nations creating their digital currencies and creating an exchange for trade. A single currency could come later much like the Euro.

Then why haven't they taken Taiwan already?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 07:30:13 pm »
Then why haven't they taken Taiwan already?

Who knows? They think differently, maybe they don't feel like all the chess pieces are in place yet. Indecision or a lack of experience maybe. They mystify me sometimes.

But if they do pull the trigger, it will have devastating consequences for us.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2023, 07:58:10 pm »
Who knows? They think differently, maybe they don't feel like all the chess pieces are in place yet. Indecision or a lack of experience maybe. They mystify me sometimes.

Maybe it's because they realize that they cannot do so without even more catastrophic consequences to themselves.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 08:00:31 pm »

There is a rumor going around, that we are going to evacuate and bomb the TSMC plant if China does invade Taiwan. Mind you this is just a rumor.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:02:51 pm by kevindavis007 »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2023, 08:07:44 pm »
Maybe it's because they realize that they cannot do so without even more catastrophic consequences to themselves.

I don't know. Right now they could just about cut us out of the loop and not have it really affect them much, other than maybe farm products.

Dump our paper assets, cut us off from chips for our supply chains, and restrict exports to us, reprioritize production to their trading bloc of nations, easing the worker shortage. Crash our financial sector, economy and ultimately demand for raw resources (making them cheaper), where else would they need us if they could trade with someone else for ag food resources, or commandeer us to produce them?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:08:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2023, 09:06:38 pm »
I don't know. Right now they could just about cut us out of the loop and not have it really affect them much, other than maybe farm products.

Dump our paper assets, cut us off from chips for our supply chains, and restrict exports to us, reprioritize production to their trading bloc of nations, easing the worker shortage. Crash our financial sector, economy and ultimately demand for raw resources (making them cheaper), where else would they need us if they could trade with someone else for ag food resources, or commandeer us to produce them?

I doubt that very much.  Taiwan is not going to just passively sit back and let the CCP take over.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2023, 09:19:53 pm »
I doubt that very much.  Taiwan is not going to just passively sit back and let the CCP take over.

I hope that too.
The Republic is lost.