Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani sued by former lawyer, accused of failing to pay $1.36 million in legal bills  (Read 602 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rudy Giuliani sued by former lawyer, accused of failing to pay $1.36 million in legal bills

By Associated Press
Published Sep. 19, 2023

Rudy Giuliani’s former lawyer sued him Monday, alleging the ex-New York City mayor has paid only a fraction of nearly $1.6 million in legal fees he’s racked up from investigations into his efforts to keep Donald Trump in the White House.

Robert Costello and his law firm, Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP, say Giuliani has paid them just $214,000 and still has a $1.36 million tab. Giuliani’s last payment, according to the lawsuit, was $10,000 on Sept. 14 — about a week after Trump hosted a $100,000-a-plate fundraiser for Giuliani at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club.

Costello and the firm say Giuliani, once celebrated as “America’s mayor” for his leadership after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, breached his retainer agreement by failing to pay invoices in full in a timely fashion. The lawsuit, filed in state court in Manhattan, seeks full payment of Giuliani’s unpaid bills, as well as costs and fees from their efforts to get him to pay up.

“I can’t express how personally hurt I am by what Bob Costello has done,” Giuliani said Monday in a statement provided by his spokesperson. “It’s a real shame when lawyers do things like this, and all I will say is that their bill is way in excess to anything approaching legitimate fees.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/19/rudy-giuliani-sued-by-former-lawyer-accused-of-failing-to-pay-1-36-million-in-legal-bills/

Offline libertybele

This I would think should be problematic for Trump -- and he should be helping to pay this tab.

Giuliani sued over $1.4 million in unpaid legal fees

- Rudy Giuliani is facing a lawsuit that claims the former New York mayor owes a law firm nearly $1.4 million in unpaid legal fees connected to his work as Donald Trump's personal lawyer.

New York law firm Davidoff Hutcher & Citron said Giuliani has paid only $214,000 of nearly $1.6 million in legal expenses and fees he racked up between November 2019 and July 2023, according to a complaint filed on Monday in New York state court.

Robert Costello, a partner at the firm, represented Giuliani in probes by federal and state prosecutors into Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, an investigation into Giuliani’s business and political activities in Ukraine, and a U.S. House panel’s inquiry into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to the complaint.

The firm also helped coordinate Giuliani’s defense in various civil lawsuits and attorney disciplinary proceedings, according to the lawsuit.

Giuliani said in a statement that the law firm's bill "is way in excess to anything approaching legitimate fees.”

"I can't express how personally hurt I am by what Bob Costello has done," he said.

Giuliani has faced mounting legal challenges since helping to lead Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election with discredited claims of voter fraud...............

https://www.reuters.com/legal/giuliani-sued-over-14-million-unpaid-legal-fees-2023-09-19/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 07:07:30 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Poor Rudy doesn't have the resources Trump has to pay his bills.

Allegation: Trump is using PAC funds for his PRIVATE company lawsuits.

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1706895461859336346
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I guess I'll never know why Giuliani prostrate himself in front of Trump like this.