Author Topic: Donald Trump takes credit for 'saving' Ken Paxton from impeachment conviction  (Read 359 times)

Offline corbe

Donald Trump takes credit for 'saving' Ken Paxton from impeachment conviction

by Misty Severi, Breaking News Reporter
September 18, 2023 06:54 PM

Former President Donald Trump attempted to take credit on Monday for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's acquittal in the state Senate on 16 articles of impeachment.

Trump claimed he had "saved" Paxton, a Republican, from being convicted of allegedly abusing his power to help real estate developer Nate Paul on Saturday. Paxton was allowed to return to the office immediately and finish out his third term after being suspended without pay since late May.

"Yes, it is true that my intervention through TRUTH SOCIAL saved Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton from going down at the hands of Democrats and some Republicans, headed by PAUL RINO (Ryan), Karl Rove, and others, almost all of whom came back to reason when confronted with the facts," Trump posted to Truth Social.

"Ken has been a great A.G., and now he can go back to work for the wonderful people of Texas. It was my honor to have helped correct this injustice!" he added.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/donald-trump-credit-saving-ken-paxton-conviction
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
God bless you Donnie.  You are a god. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

So...

He saved Paxton.

He saved the US from nuclear war with North Korea.

And he saved "hundreds of millions of lives" with his warp speed operation.

:rolling: