Author Topic: Trump wrote to-do lists for Mar-a-Lago assistant on classified documents: report  (Read 751 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump wrote to-do lists for Mar-a-Lago assistant on classified documents: report
By Victor Nava   
Published Sep. 18, 2023, 8:04 p.m. ET

Former President Donald Trump scrawled to-do lists for one of his Mar-a-Lago assistants on documents with classified markings, according to a report.

Molly Michael, a former White House executive assistant who continued working for Trump after his presidency, told federal investigators that on more than one occasion she received tasks from the 77-year-old former president written on the back of notecards with visible classification markings, according to ABC News.

The notecards reportedly contained information related to phone calls with foreign leaders or other international-related matters.

It’s unclear if any of the notecards are among the classified documents that Trump is charged with unlawfully retaining.

Michael, whom multiple outlets have identified as “Trump Employee 2” in special counsel Jack Smith’s indictment related to Trump’s handling of sensitive White House documents, transferred the notecards to the FBI after she discovered that agents did not take them after the Aug. 8, 2022, search of Trump’s Palm Beach, Fla., club and residence.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/09/18/trump-wrote-to-do-lists-on-classified-documents-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is Trump okay?  It's not like him to leave a paper trail.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Is Trump okay?  It's not like him to leave a paper trail.

It's not that what he was writing was itself illegal.  It's that he was writing it on the back of documents clearly marked as classified, which it'll be harder for him to claim he didn't know he had classified documents in his possession.

I also think part of his problem in that documents case is that he was used to having a sleazy personal "fixer" lawyer in Cohen who was willing to lie, cover up, or destroy/hide documents on his behalf. 

But that doesn't work when you start getting to large, more reputable firms and larger matters with multiple lawyers.

My guess is that is going to end up burning him.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 02:16:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

It's not that what he was writing was itself illegal.  It's that he was writing it on the back of documents clearly marked as classified, which it'll be harder for him to claim he didn't know he had classified documents in his possession.

I also think part of his problem in that documents case is that he was used to having a sleazy personal "fixer" lawyer in Cohen who was willing to lie, cover up, or destroy/hide documents on his behalf. 

But that doesn't work when you start getting to large, more reputable firms and larger matters with multiple lawyers.

My guess is that is going to end up burning him.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

Can we see a photo of one of these note cards with visible classified markings?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-