Author Topic: CNN Makes the Case for an Impeachment Inquiry  (Read 523 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNN Makes the Case for an Impeachment Inquiry
« on: September 18, 2023, 11:52:41 pm »
JONATHAN TURLEY 9/16/2023

I recently wrote a column about five facts that justified the start of an impeachment inquiry. While I have stressed that I do not believe that there is currently sufficient evidence for an actual impeachment, I am mystified by the claim that there is not ample evidence to warrant an inquiry into possible impeachable offenses. Notably, CNN just reactivated its fact-checking team for a review of the basis for the inquiry. In so doing, the network made an iron-clad argument in support of the decision by Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

CNN presented this claim:

Claim: Biden family and associates got $20 million through shell companies

“Bank records show that nearly $20 million in payments were directed to the Biden family members and associates through various shell companies,” McCarthy said.

Facts First: This is true about Joe Biden’s family and associates, but there is no public evidence to date that the president personally received any money.

That is a fair fact check but it is also the very reason that Speaker McCarthy initiated the inquiry. We do not know where this money went, why it was sent through this labyrinth of accounts, or what it was intended to buy. That is why this is an impeachment inquiry.

The media and a number of Democrats recently admitted, belatedly, that Hunter Biden was involved in a corrupt influence peddling operation. This was made clear by Hunter associate Devon Archer who said that they were selling the “Biden brand” and that brand was Joe Biden. Clearly, these corrupt foreign figures in China, Ukraine, and Russia (including some who were charged with corruption in their own countries) thought that they were getting something other than Hunter for their money. After all, one of these figures reportedly referred to Hunter as dumber than his dog. However, pundits and politicians now insist that it was merely the “illusion” of access.  In other words, these notoriously corrupt figures were chumps fleeced by Hunter and Biden associates.

However, how do we know it was an “illusion”?  You have a trusted FBI informant relaying the claim of a Ukrainian that he gave Biden a “bribe,” but was told not to pay him directly. As I previously discussed, only a moron would pay Joe Biden directly for such influence or access.

CNN repeatedly returns to this fact in each of the checked claims. Again, that is precisely why we have an inquiry. Bribery is a stated basis for impeachment in the Constitution. Even CNN accepts that, if Biden received such benefits, it would be a serious offense.

More: https://jonathanturley.org/2023/09/16/cnns-makes-the-case-for-an-impeachment-inquiry/

Offline libertybele

Re: CNN Makes the Case for an Impeachment Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 11:56:45 pm »
Very interesting indeed.   :bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 01:24:12 am »
RICO

Joe Biden participated in a corrupt enterprise to us his official office to sell access and peddle influence.

Biden's fingerprints don't need to be found on any of the money ... Joe was Godfather ... the Family has a lot of buffers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 02:47:32 am »
None of this matters unless you have the numbers to convict.

Otherwise, it looks like tit for tat... And does nothing more than a failed indictment.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 11:36:00 am »
Facts First: This is true about Joe Biden’s family and associates, but there is no public evidence to date that the president personally received any money.

Not true.  We have emails of Hunter Biden complaining about having to pay the family's bills, including bills for Bidet.  Bidet therefore received the benefits of Hunter's business activities.  He therefore most certainly received the economic benefit of the bribes paid to his family.